We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kanata
reviews: 44
Restaurants

My husband and I are going to be in the Sudbury area July 2-5 and are looking for restaurants that are reasonable in price for breakfast, lunch or dinner

Sudbury, Canada
reviews: 20
1. Re: Restaurants

If you could let me know what area of Sudbury you will be staying in that would help. Also, maybe a general idea of your itinerary .There are some great choices that have reasonable prices available throughout Sudbury.

Kanata
reviews: 44
2. Re: Restaurants

We are camping north of Sudbury but we will doing hiking in the Sudbury basin and going to Dynamic Earth and a bunch of I & R.

Canada
reviews: 55
3. Re: Restaurants

Gloria's restaurant always has a reasonable breakfast and a local place forever now.

(I don't live in Sudbury anymore but my family does). I know my mum and dad go to breakfast there still fairly regularly.

I can't remember it's intersection street names anymore though..maybe someone local can chime in with the street names. It's Regent and ??? (I just know how to get there).

Similarly, a lovely restaurant for dinner/lunch is Ripe. I've been a few times when in town and it's wonderful. A little pricier maybe than some others (I'm not sure) but the food is wonderful. (Italian) It's very close to Gloria's, south on Regent street beside the McDonalds.

Ontario, Canada
4. Re: Restaurants

For a big breakfast/brunch we also have 2 locations of Tutti Fruiti. They have very large portions, a great variety and lots of fruit that come with the meals. They are only open until 2 or 3 though.

There are also all the chains...Kelsey's Montana's, East Side Mario's, Swiss Chalet, etc. We also have a Pat and Mario's with decent lunch specials. Several Asian places, Greek eatery, etc. So many places to choose from really.

Sudbury, Canada
5. Re: Restaurants

I agree with Frozenrose, Gloria's is good value for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is at the corner of Regent and Bouchard, about 5 minutes from Dynamic Earth. Also close to that area is Vesta Pasta, it is a funky lunch place that has great sandwiches and pizza. It is on the corner of Regent and Lorne Street, again 5 minutes from Dynamic Earth. Downtown there are also great choices, like the Laughing Budda, Little Montreal, Respect is Burning, Simons, Cinco Cintavos. Sudbury has some great places to eat that are not the standard chain fare. I am not much help with the outlying areas of Sudbury for places to eat, sorry.

Florida
reviews: 7
6. Re: Restaurants

Hi:

We're staying at the Imperial Fireside Inn, Lome Street. What would you recommend for a Sunday night dinner? I know some places are closed. Thanks

Sudbury, Canada
7. Re: Restaurants

Hi trail

You are equal distance from our downtown area and what we call the Four Corners. There are good restaurants in either area. As far as I know they are open for dinner on Sundays. But if you go to this address it lists the restaurants in Sudbury and gives the website, http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/Restaurants/Sudbury+ON

There is also of choice for good, reasonably priced meals.

Also downtown there is Peddler's Pub with has good pub fare and Wacky Wings which I have heard good reviews about. Also, as mentioned above, Ripe which is towards the 4 Corners has great food. Hope this helps a bit.Have a great visit.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
reviews: 132
8. Re: Restaurants

Hello - Gloria's is certainly a popular spot for breakfast but if you head down Regent Street south there is a great little breakfast place called Guylaine's Cafe near the Shoppers Drug Mart at Paris and Regent Streets.

For a nice lunch near your location try Vespa at the Lorne Street/Regent Street intersection (just over the train tracks in the little strip mall). There are also some great options downtown ranging from Nibblers (good price and good Canadian/Greek fare) to my new favourite Cinco Centavos (delicious food and a great beer and wine selection). Peddler's Pub has nice pub food.

There's a great chip-stand close to where you are staying - Poutine Express. Great for poutine (obviously) and all the regular chip stand foods. It's located on Douglas Street, across from the Gem Mart corner of Douglas and Regent.

For dinner you could try some of our downtown spots like the Laughing Buddha (great pizza, great patio) on Elgin (open 7 days a week until late). Again I'm loving Cinco Centavos. Simon's and Respect is Burning on Durham Street are both good for a nicer meal (but I don't think any of the three are open Sunday nights). For wings there's Wacky Wings though I prefer the Doghouse (across from the arena downtown).

I hope this still helps even though you are already part way into your trip! Enjoy your visit!

Edited: 5:54 pm, July 02, 2012
9. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 05, 2014