We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grove Avenue Ottawa

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Grove Avenue Ottawa

I am coming to Ottawa from UK in October as my father was born there. He lived on Grove Avenue. Does anyone know if the original houses are still there circa 1920 or before? I have never been to Canada before, so am really excited and looking forward to seeing your wonderful capital city.

Also we would love to watch a hockey game. What is the best way we can get tickets for the game on the 24th October? If not possible would there be any minor games?

Ottawa, ON
reviews: 59
1. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

Grove Avenue is in a neighbourhood known as Old Ottawa South, a very desirable area with rapidly increasing housing prices. While I don't know Grove Avenue specifically, I do know that most of Old Ottawa South retains the original housing.

You can buy tickets for both the Ottawa Senators (NHL team) and Ottawa 67s (major junior team) at http://www2.capitaltickets.ca/eng/index.cfm

I don't believe that single game tickets are yet available. The Sens sell out a number of their games, but except for games against Toronto, there are usually 500 to a thousand tickets available on game day. The 67s never sell out. The Sens play in an arena 15+km west of the downtown, while the 67s play at Lansdowne Park, just south of centre town.

Lincolnshire
2. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

Thanks for the reply.

It was a bit of a long-shot asking the question. ....I am really pleased that I might be able to bring some photos back for my Dad to see.

The tips re. hockey were also useful, a minor game might be the most viable option as the Toronto game that would be on when we are there looks very pricey.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

I lived on Grove when I was in University! I loved the area. I believe some of the houses are original, but some have been changed. What number did your father live at if you don't mind me asking?Small world :)

Ottawa, Ontario...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

Fraser2 -

Yes, Grove Avenue in Old Ottawa South is quite close to Carleton University, and has therefore been popular with students ... although rents and real estate in this part of town has been skyrocketing. I would say the vast majority of homes on Grove Avenue are original from its development from around 1910 or 1920 - these older homes, while more difficult to maintain, repair and update (and believe me, I'm in the process of renovating my kitchen this month!), bring with them character that just cannot be built from stratch or bought.

Noel

Lincolnshire
5. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

Mekates

My Dad lived at 112.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 1
6. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

I lived at 65 Grove for a year, the house was so beautiful. Next time my husband and I are in the area, I'll have to have a look at 112. Have fun in Ottawa, hopefully you'll get to see a hockey game!

7. Re: Grove Avenue Ottawa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, August 15, 2009