We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants close to Delta downtown

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 72
Restaurants close to Delta downtown

Anyone suggest any decent restaurants within walking distance to the Delta downtown? Will be in town for a few days next weekend so looking for some places to eat.

(Doesn't matter what type, casual, pub, fine dine..etc)

Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
1. Re: Restaurants close to Delta downtown

Hi Kassi22,

Welcome to the OTTAWA TRAVEL FORUM.

Not sure how familiar you are with Ottawa… so I’ll begin by giving you a bit of info about the geography…

Our Touristy Downtown Core is quite walkable… and a grid of aprox 15 Blocks Wide (West to East) and 25 Blocks Long (North to South). Your Hotel the Delta is located at the western edge of this grid, but still quite centrally located, and so within easy walking distance of main Restaurant areas. For although Restaurants are scattered throughout the downtown, the main concentrations will be found along Bank Street (3 Blocks EAST of your Hotel), Elgin Street (6 Blocks EAST of your Hotel) and in the Byward Market Area (10 Blocks EAST and 4 Blocks NORTH)… so everything is within a 10 to 30 minute walk (farthest point in the Market area).

I suggest that you take a look at an on-line Mapping Program like GOOGLE MAPS to get a better feel for the lay-of-the-land… and if you use the “Search Nearby” function you can easily locate Restaurants within walking distance of your Hotel.

As it stands your Question is pretty open ended… and I rarely give out Restaurant Recommendations these days to these sorts of Questions because food is so subjective (I am a bit of a foodie)… There are literally 100s of places to eat within the Touristy Grid... and many of them are quite good...

Therefore I suggest that you start by checking out the RESTAURANT REVIEWS Section here on TA (button to the left of this screen), as well as several other Websites dedicated to searching out good food in the Capital City Region, among them…

Anne Desbrisay – Ottawa Food Critic *Capital Dining* = www.capitaldining.ca

Ron Eade – Food Editor for the *Ottawa Citizen* - “Omnivore Ottawa Blog” = …canada.com/ottawacitizen/…default.aspx

And Restaurant Review Sites… some Local, National and International that have a loyal following..

Chowhound = www.chowhound.chow.com

Restaurant Thing = www.restaurantthing.com

and

Ottawa Foodies = www.ottawafoodies.com

The last one is local, and frequented by a wide base of contributors who live in the Ottawa area that are involved in the food biz, be they Chefs, Food Writers, Food Tv Personalities, Organic Farmers, Sommeliers, Wait Staff or just members who have a passion for good Food, Wine & Beer.

Also of note, the OTTAWA TRAVEL FORUM is also searchable (just type any keyword(s) into the SEARCH BOX at the top of the List of Topics for the Forum)… and you’ll find a huge assortment of Questions that are Restaurant related for example…

Here is one of my all time favourites… entitled *Restaurants for Foodies* = tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g155004-i181-k28915…

After you’ve narrowed down your choices a bit… come back and ask more specific Questions (ie “Which Steakhouse A or B”) and I’ll be glad to help you out some more.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Toronto
reviews: 72
2. Re: Restaurants close to Delta downtown

Awesome. Thanks!! Lots of reading to do :)

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
3. Re: Restaurants close to Delta downtown

Hi Kassi22,

You are very welcome... reading will be a good start... then you'll be able to come back to the FORUM and have a better idea of what kind of things we have here in the Nation's Capital to choose from... lots of great surprises... at all price points... in the end your issue may be narrowing down the list to fit your timeframe. :-) *smile*

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

4. Re: Restaurants close to Delta downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, November 24, 2010