We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

... in 2 days! They all sound so wonderful that it's hard to know what to cut-out. Can anyone look at my list and give me any suggestions I would really appreciate it. We are exited to be relaxing without our 4 kids and really just want to explore. In addition to tastings we were thinking of visiting Cave Springs, Ft. George and maybe Ball Falls. I realize that some of the calculus comes down to personal preferences. Although I included a few larger operations we are mostly fans of smaller establishments. Places where you can really connect with the owner and hear the story behind the product are our favorite. We would rather do just a few of those than many of the less intimate tastings/ tours. We enjoy both red & white but tend not to like sweeter wines. Thanks in advance for your help - I'm tearing my hear out over this!

NOL:

Between the lines; Stonechurch; Lailey; Jackson-Triggs; Caroline Cellars; Southbrook; Featherstone; Trius (dinner?); Frogpond farm; Marynissan

Jordan:

Flatrock; Sue-Ann Staff Winery; Calamus

Vineland

Tawse; Foreign Affair; Vineland Estates (dinner?)

St. Catherines:

Ravine Vineyard; 13th Street; Henry of Pellham

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 143
11. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

If you've got your kids with you they might enjoy Featherstone with the sheep that graze the vineyard. I know you had it on your original list. You could email them to ask if the sheep will be there the day you're going. We visited a couple of weeks ago and hit a day when the sheep weren't there but I've taken pictures of them in previous years. They also have a Harris hawk on the premises and you can see him close up in his cage near the house. The flowers are beautiful there too.

Ottawa, Canada
12. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

Thank you for your post. We are totally looking forward to going to Niagara on the lake for 2 nights. We will stay in NOTL. We definitely want to hit Tawse and Thirty Bench. Let me know if there is a great tour service you can recommend (we don't want to have to drive). Any help is appreciated

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 143
13. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

I wish I could help with a recommendation but we've never taken a tour and never hear feedback from friends since we're the ones touring them around! Maybe someone else can weigh in with some comments - or you could ask the question as a separate thread.

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 31
14. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

I'd keep Henry of Pelham (one of my faves, by far) and add Malivoire. Malivoire is a truly special experience and shouldn't be missed! Be aware that 13th Street is closed on Sundays(weird). I'd skip Frogpond for sure. My daughter and her boyfriend just visited there and she told me the tasting counter was staffed by teenage girls who were didn't know a thing about the wines.

East Northport, New...
reviews: 9
15. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

Riverviewcellars.com

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 6
16. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

Thirty Bench is a must!!! I've been twice and you will not be dissapointed if you visit. Their wines are a bit more expensive $18-40 / bottle, but the staff is so knowledgeable and friendly. They're great with beginners (like myself) and they are just so welcoming. I became a wine club member this past weekend (I don't get anything for suggesting this), purely because their wine and staff, their whole company and business is just phenomenal. I've never been to a winery with such nice, genuine staff AND such great tasting, easy drinking wine.

Toronto, Canada
17. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

Hi Momtwofour4,

Curious to know what wineries you ended up visiting.

u

18. Re: Well I've narrowed it down to 19 wineries...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake