We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November trip

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock
November trip

My honey and I are coming to NF area Thanksgiving week for our 35th anniversary. I have done considerable research on the sites and need a little logistical help. We are flying into Buffalo, Sat evening. Suggestion on getting to NOTL from airport? We are scheduled for a Crush wine tour on Sunday. Will check out on Mon am, how do we get to Niagara falls? We really do not want to have to rent a car, but can't seem to make sense of where the public transports run. We will then leave the falls on Tues morning, to the train station in Buffalo to go to NYC. Would appreciate any help with these transportation issues! Thanks

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: November trip

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k64747…

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
reviews: 66
2. Re: November trip

Hello.

I am sorry I can not help you with your transportation issues, but did want to mention that the Canadian Thanksgiving is not the same date as the American Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgiving always falls on the second Monday of October.

I am not sure of that is of importance to you but did want you to be aware of it.

Best wishes.

Lubbock
3. Re: November trip

Thanks for the note. We are arriving Buffalo, Sat afternoon, renting a car, planning on trip to Anchorage Bar and driving to NOTL. We will stay 2 nights at the Britaly. Anyone have a good suggestion on wine tours, or just driving ourselves, which ones are really worth a see? Have tickets for Greg Frewin on Sun evening, reservations at Embassy Suites on Mon nite, for the "fallsview" experience and then will depart and drive to NYC on Tues. This forum has been invaluable in research, you guys are great!

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 98
4. Re: November trip

Ah, just a friendly suggestion. Drinking and driving are taken rather seriously. Unless there is a really good reason you want to go to the Anchorage (and I can't think of one myself) you might consider the following. Drive to your B&B and walk to the Pillar and Post which has a very pleasant, comfortable lounge. A similar walk, but turning right instead of left on John, will take you to the Riverbend Inn which is one of the best places to eat dinner in NOTL.

Have a great visit.

5. Re: November trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake