We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 14
Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

Considering driving north to visit Niagara Falls. As I don't like spending that much time in the car I'd like to make more of the trip.

Head north from nyc stopping for a few nights (2 or 3 nights) in the finger lakes area.

Drive to Toronto to visit friends (1 night?)

Head towards Niagara Falls through Canada wine country.

Stay in Niagara area (2 nights).

Head back towards NYC.

Stop somewhere ? On drive back to nyc?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
1. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

I'd try driving to Toronto in two days to give yourself an extra day in TO, you won't regret it...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
2. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

Yes, I'd add more time in Toronto as well.......Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America.......you'll find something of interest here.......what are your proposed dates of travel?

Amarillo, Texas...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

My daughter and I are celebrating our 30/60 birthdays with a trip to Niagara Falls for 2 nights in September, then wanting to take the train to New York City for 3 days. we will have 2 bags each (and she is pregnant) and i am seeing that to leave from the falls or from the Buffalo Exchange St station, we will have to take a train that does not allow checked bags and has no food service. We would like to take the Lake Shore Limited from the Depew station, but do not know how we will get from the Oakes Hotel in Niagara to the station. PLEASE HELP!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
4. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

Hi Leah;

It is impolite to the members who have participated in a thread to change its topic, as it makes the replies for the original topic hard to follow. Proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 119
5. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

I think I would do this trip with 2 nights in the finger lakes area of New York. I quite liked Hammondsport, New York myself. I think 3 nights there would be too many. I'd recommend 2 nights in Toronto and 2 nights in Niagara Falls, ON. There is a fair amount to see in Niagara Falls, Ontario and Niagara-On-The-Lake and both are quite unique. 1 night in Niagara is too short a visit.

6. Re: Travel from NYC to Toronto - Niagara Falls - and back.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 30, 2014