We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

I am weighing up options for travelling from Buffalo Airport to Niagara Falls ON at night. I have scoured the top questions and forums but am still in need of advice - apologies for my ignorance/inability to search properly!

My partner and I will be arriving at Buffalo Airport at 6:45pm on Thursday 12th December. I realise that there are no public transport options this late (except for perhaps a Greyhound bus at 8:40pm?) so our only option is to use an expensive/shuttle taxi service. We will be staying at a hotel on the Canadian side of the Falls on Friday 13th December and depart from Buffalo Airport again at 8:45am on Saturday 14th December. We would prefer public transport from a budget perspective but am not sure if our schedule permits us to be cheap! Are we best to:

1. stay in Buffalo on night 1, set out to Niagara Falls the next morning via public transportation and stay in NF night 2

OR

2. suck up the cost of a taxi/shuttle and go directly to our hotel in NF for nights 1 and 2.

Any advice or recommendations on public transport/shuttles for these details would be very much appreciated, and again sorry if this has been covered.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
1. Re: Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

Does the cost of a hotel on the Buffalo side equal the cost of a taxi or shuttle service? Either way you'll be spending that money, so I'd say it's up to you to decide what's better. Personally I'd want to get to where I'm going, settle in and be done with it.

Bear in mind also that travelling in winter in tis part of the world comes with its own issues - snow, ice, storms, etc. Entirely possible your flight could be delayed ... or not...

Edited: 7:00 am, June 25, 2013
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
reviews: 42
2. Re: Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

The ONLY means of public transportation between Buffalo Airport and Niagara Falls, ON are the Greyhound (3:20pm & 6:50pm) and Coach Canada (10:45am & 8:40pm) buses. Both of those take you to the Niagara Falls bus terminal, which is about 2-3km from the main tourist areas, so would require a cab ride to your hotel. The Coach Canada bus fare is $10.30 each, and the cab would be about $12+ tip, for a total of ~$35 and an almost 2 hour trip. The direct shuttle/taxi will cost about $85 total, with a 45 minute trip time.

These costs don't change, no matter what time of day you travel, so where you stay on the first night doesn't really change anything.

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

Thanks so much both of you, really appreciate the clear info. Definitely going with the cab/shuttle direct to our hotel for lots of good reasons. Thanks again.

New York, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

We used a great company for transportation from the Buffalo airport to Niagara Falls. The driver was great! He gave us a little tour of the area on the way and even told us good places to eat. The company was A Touch of Class. The driver was at the airport when we arrived and it was one of the best parts of our stay! So polite and professional. Definitely worth the money. It cost $80 for all of us (there were 3 of us) the driver was so helpful we ended up giving him a great tip and scheduled him right away for our return. We recommended them to friends who used them from Buffalo to Toronto with the same experience! What a great deal. I would definitely do that again!!

5. Re: Advice needed - transport to NF after 7pm Buffalo arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014