We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Festival of Lights - Parking

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, ON
reviews: 1
The Festival of Lights - Parking

Any advice on where to park that will be both near and resonable in terms of pricing?

Also, is there fireworks/light show selected nights, or is it just the lights?

Canada Eh
reviews: 3
1. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

There are parking lots near the lights . You should probably drive by to see them all though.

The fireworks are on Friday night's at 9pm sharp. They are shown over the American falls.

The falls are illuminated every night. the colours change every few minutes.

St. Catharines...
2. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

yeah.. you don't wanna park & walk through the festival. It's quite a trudge, plus it's wicked cold, especially down by the falls. Drive from the begining of the parkway, through Dufferin Islands, down the parkway to Clifton Hill. There aren't any lights past Clifton Hill. :> The falls is illuminated every night of the year, usually until 10-12, depending on the season.

Fireworks Schedule:

November!!

Friday, November 4th-7:00pm

Friday, November 11th-9:00pm

Friday, November 18th-9:00pm

Friday, November 26th-9:00pm

December!!

Friday, December 2nd-9:00pm

Friday, December 9th-9:00pm

Friday, December 16th-9:00pm

Friday, December 23rd-9:00pm

Friday, December 30th-9:00pm

Saturday, December 31st-TBA

Hamilton, ON
3. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

I think we can walk, lol.

We walk from our hotel The Sheraton Fallsview, all the way down to clifton hill, and the falls in January and Feb, so we're fine with the cold.

I was hoping the fireworks would be on Sat nights too, but thanks for the info.

St. Catharines...
4. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

Well you have fun with that, lol. It's usually about -10 around that time of year, plus being down by the falls it's like -1000 lol.. just be careful though - because of the mist, there's usually about an inch of ice on the sidewalks by the falls (which is absolutely beautiful because it causes all the little twigs on the trees down there to become like ice sculptures), and in the places where there isn't any ice, theres about three inches of cold slush.

Also keep in mind that the Festival of Lights only runs until January 2, so if you're planning on coming just for that, you better come then ^_^

St. Catharines...
5. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

PS: I'd also recommend going through Dufferin Islands for the Festival of Lights because they have some really nice animal lights down there during that time, it would take probably 20-40minutes to walk all the way around.. and bring a flashlight because it's not really well lit & there will be cars

Rochester, NY
reviews: 15
6. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

I think that part of the fun is walking....just bundle up! We like to stroll through the lights and then get hot chocolate and coffee at Table Rock to warm up.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 46
7. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

dufferin islands is awesome! also there is a booth when you exit to make a donation to the festival. we always give a loonie or twonie or two each time we go through to help fund such a beautiful festival.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 46
8. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

You can basically see it all from your car. Plus parking down by the falls is like $13 CAN even if its just for 15 minutes (which as polywog said-it is WINTER festival of lights, and it is cold, snowy and misty from the falls)I remember when weeknights, you could park there for free, and it was $5 on weekends

St. Catharines...
9. Re: The Festival of Lights - Parking

I still think you're crazy for wanting to walk it, haha ^_^