We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Which Mississauga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 28
Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Hi,

We (two adults) are attending a wedding in Mississauga and will be driving from Boston, MA (USA), and want to combine some tourism within the time available. Could you offer comments on my proposed travel plan as follows:

July 2 (Saturday) travel from Boston and break for the night near Buffalo, NY (drive of about 9 hours)

July 3 (Sunday): start early, cross the Canadian border (we are US citizens) and be in Mississauga by 9 AM to attend the wedding; do wome sightseeing in the afternoon/evening and spend the night in a hotel in Miss. (suggestions for a hotel?)

July 4 (Monday): Some more sightseeing in the Toronto area; reach Niagara Falls (Canadian side) by about 5 PM; see Niagara Falls by night (we have ealier visited the US side of Naigara Falls many times); stay the night in a hotel or B&B

July 5: drive back to Boston

Thanks in advance for all advice and suggestions.

Raghu

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

When you say that you want to do some sight-seeing in the afternoon/evening do you mean in Mississauga? What sort of things do you like to do? Do you want a hotel near where the wedding is taking place?

If so what area of Mississauga is that?

Boston
2. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Thanks for the response. I am including the broad area of Toronto for sight-seeing. We are interested in any significant sights - gardens, monuments, lakeside/seaside views, etc. - not looking for 'fun' or 'adventure' - if this helps! The wedding is in Verdi Hospitality Center, Derry Road E but I dont need to stay close to that as I will have a car with me. I would prefer to stay in a nice, quiet location as far as the hotel is concerned. And one more question - how easy or difficult is it to find parking in and around Mississauga, including the hotel of stay? Thanks.

Raghu

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
3. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

If you want to stay in Mississauga you could make your way down to the lakefront in Port Credit. Pleasant harbour accessed off Stavebank, restaurants and shopping. Parking is available but you may need to search a bit. I don't know whether you have ever been to Toronto, but if not you may enjoy the CN Tower, Harbourfront, Art Gallery of Ontario, various museums and of course tons of shopping.

Can't help much with where to stay, a lot depends on your budget. Perhaps someone else will respond with some ideas.

If you are interested in shopping malls there are large ones at Square One and Sherway Gardens, parking for thousands of cars.

Perhaps some of the other guests at the wedding will have some ideas .

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

You may get more help if you post this on the Toronto forum, the Mississauga forum is not very active.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
5. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Hi Raghu;

For a nice, quiet and very clean hotel in Mississauga, I would suggest the Admiral Inn.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154996-d629196-…

Best Regards

Mississauga, Canada
reviews: 13
6. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Raghu,

The hall you mention is quite northeast in Mississauga. It's fairly commercial/industrial up that way. I wouldn't plan a stay in that pocket as you'll end up thinking not much of the city.

Not to disagree with Rescue Team but the Admiral Inn is about as basic as you get. The location is just off Erin Mills Parkway north of the QEW (So it would be easy to get to) BUT, you won't be walking anywhere or enjoying the local area from there. I believe it is clean and affordable though.

If you want to be relatively close to the wedding hall - you'd be better off staying in one of the airport area hotels as Verdi is just off Hwy 427 north of the airport area.

However, if you want somewhere quieter/quaint - then try the Waterside Inn in Port Credit. It's an upscale hotel with views of the Lake Ontario and there is the village with many restaurants to choose from. The 'Paint the Town Red' event will have just finished as Canada Day is July 1st (similar to 4th of July). Alternatively stay right downtown Toronto - budget, as someone earlier mentioned, is definitely a factor that will affect where you stay. I believe the Waterside is around $240/night.

Toronto has lots of great things to do - as the 5th largest city in North America you can spend a week easily... Royal Ontario Museum, CN Tower, Art Gallery of Ontario, Metro Zoo (east end), Centre Islands, St. Lawrence market, Kensington Market, Eaton Centre, High Park, etc, etc.

Have fun!

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
reviews: 92
7. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

There's a Novotel in "downtown Mississauga" (Hurontario and Burnhamthorpe). It's right near Square One, which is one of Canada's largest shopping malls. If you check Priceline, you can get it for $91/night for the nights of your stay. It's a convenient location since it's central. As for sightseeing, the CN Tower is a must. If you like a cold beer on a summer day, wander over to the Steam Whistle Brew Pub near there. Even if you don't take the tour you can quaff a good sized free sample. Yorkville is an area that's fun to wander through, maybe sit on a roof top patio. A harbour tour would be nice also - or just take the ferry over to the Toronto Islands so you can get good pictures of the Toronto skyline. Hope this helps and isn't too late - I just found your post this morning.

Boston
8. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

Hi,

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am posting this trip report on both the Mississauga and Toronto forums.

We reached Mississauga late evening on Jul 2nd and stayed at the Delta Meadowvale Resort, which I had booked at a bargain price using Priceline.com. We spent two nights at the hotel which was of a very high class - I would strongly recommend this place. As we were attending a wedding and also meeting up with friends we did not do a lot of sight-seeing per se. We drove through downtown Tornoto, along the lakeside, stopped at the Ontario Place near the waterfront and the Square One Mall in Mississauga (very impressive). We also saw the Royal Botanical Gardens and stopped at Niagara Falls (complete with fireworks) on July 4th. This was the first time my wife and I saw the Falls from the Canadian side - it was spectacular and far more breathtaking than the view from the US side.

All in all we enjoyed our trip. We were particularly impressed with the roads, layout and the ease of navigation in the Mississauga-Tornoto area (though on the weekend!).

Raghu

9. Re: Visit to Mississauga Jul 2-4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 04, 2012