We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince George Hotel

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 4
Prince George Hotel

Is this still a hotel? I can't find it on any website except as a "historical" listing. Would anyone know if the rooms are all single beds or if there are rooms with two beds? Has anyone stayed there if it's still a hotel? Thoughts?

9 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
reviews: 10
1. Re: Prince George Hotel

I have a feeling it isn't. However, if you really want a local answer you could call the Kingston Tourism office - they have a toll-free number:

Visitor Information Centre

209 Ontario St.

Kingston, ON K7L 2Z1

Tollfree: 1-888-855-4555

Tel: (613) 548-4415

Fax: (613) 548-4549

tourism@kingstoncanada.com

Toronto, Ontario...
2. Re: Prince George Hotel

thanks for the info, phpr. We've stayed at the Holiday Inn waterfront with a balcony view of Lake Ontario every time we've been to Kingston, but it's been a good 15 years since we've been there. I recall looking at the Prince George each time, wondering if we should give it a try. I'll find out and post their answer!

Thanks again for the info!

Toronto, Ontario...
3. Re: Prince George Hotel

I never got around to calling...will try next week

Toronto, Ontario...
4. Re: Prince George Hotel

well, it's no longer a hotel. Downstairs is a restaurant, upstairs are apartments.

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 143
5. Re: Prince George Hotel

There are a couple of downtown options since your last visit Hermicane you might want to consider. The Delta is across the road from where the Prince George Hotel used to be and has some of the best views in Kingston. A little further from city hall is the new Marriott this hotel offers wonderful views as well from much higher floors than the core hotels. There are some fabulous B&B's in the core as well, one that comes to mind is the Frontenac Club Inn, located in a historic building which was built as a bank, and served many years as the Frontenac Club, the gentlemens club in Kingston. There are of course many others and they all offer their charm and history that Kingston so abounds with.

Toronto, Ontario...
6. Re: Prince George Hotel

thank you, highbrae...I'm really wanting a room with a balcony and lake view..I'm thinking it must be only the Holiday Inn that matches both???

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 143
7. Re: Prince George Hotel

Actually Hermicane both the Residence Inn by Marriott tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154992-d1752271… and The Delta-Kingston Waterfront tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154992-d188289-… would offer you wonderful water and city views. The Marriott I suggest you request a higher floor to get over other buildings. Although I have been in both numerous times, I can`t recall if all the rooms have balconies or just wonderful views. I would suggest you contact the hotel directly and confirm if you actually want a balcony.

Edited: 1:14 pm, August 03, 2014
Toronto, Ontario...
8. Re: Prince George Hotel

thank you, highbrae! I will do that!

Cherry Valley...
9. Re: Prince George Hotel

Stayed at the Prince back very early eighties. It was the host hotel for the Canadian National TRiumph Car convention. We had twelve TRiumphs that toured from Western Massachusetts. Loved the hotel and Kingston. Always wanted to go back. Sad to hear it's not still in operation.

Reply to: Prince George Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted