We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Hello,

1st of September will be holiday, so me and my family will be free for 4 days ( from Friday to Monday) and I really don't know where to go and how to spend it?

In the beging of August, I will be visiting some areas in Quebec province and in one of the weekends I will be visiting Toronto and Niagra Falls and the other weekend, I will visit Ottawa.

So, I really don't know how to spend these 3 nights? We want nice place and my mother wants to do shopping. I was thinking to go to Pennsylvania but I think there is no enough time:(

Could you suggest to me nice place which is also a good to do shopping?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
reviews: 8
1. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Lots of time to go to Pennsylvania .... where did you intend to go?

Kingston - Philadelphia is only 6 hour drive south. Lots of American history sites in and around Philadelphia, and shopping malls - regular and outlet.

Kingston - Grove City, PA is a little further - about 7 hours (large outlet mall there - not much else)

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

To be honest I don't exactly where to go exactly in Pennsylvania but I will my search

But do you agree with Pennsylvania option? Or are you suggesting somewhere else?

Thanks

SE Ontario
reviews: 8
3. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

I'm saying that if you want to go to Pennsylvania then you can ... it's not that far.

Asking us about a place to go with shopping is unhelpful ... lots of places have shopping ... I'm assuming your mother wants to go to a place with cheap shopping (outlet malls) so am saying there are some in Pennsylvania. If she doesn't want outlet shopping then you could go almost anywhere.

Research outlet mall shopping, or other things that interest you.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Thanks for reply

Yes my mother wants to do cheap shopping:)

I like the Kingston's location, many places not too far from Kingston.

Thank you very much

Edited: 9:06 am, May 22, 2014
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 521
5. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

You have two solid suggestions, only you can determine whether or not six or seven hours is too far of a drive on a long weekend is too far...

Kuwait City, Kuwait
6. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Thanks for reply

That's what I'm thinking, it means that we will spend about two days just driving, one to go and one to get back, specially that if my father prefers to drive in morning, he hates driving in the evening:(

I will do some more search

Thank you very much

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 521
7. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

There is a Premium Outlet mall in Waterloo, Ny, about a three hour drive from Kingston.... Though I was not especially impressed with it...

Kuwait City, Kuwait
8. Re: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?

Thank you

May be I will try to visit it

But I want a place to do shopping and do other things

I was really intrested in Pennsylvania and now I'm thinking is it possible to visit it with 4 days only!

Thanks

Reply to: Any suggestion how to spend last weekend in August?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted