We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort Henry

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 55
Fort Henry

How much time should one allocate to tour Fort Henry

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Fort Henry

That depends on how much you are into History. I would stay to see the Afternoon Parade. We have spent a day there, but I guess 1/2 a day might be enough.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
2. Re: Fort Henry

Agree that 1/2 a day would do it, but plan for longer if you are seeing the Parade or the evening sunset ceremony.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 55
3. Re: Fort Henry

can tickets be bought online or only on site. For the parade do you have to bring your own chairs

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
4. Re: Fort Henry

http://www.forthenry.com/index.cfm/en/home/

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 5
5. Re: Fort Henry

There are stands for the Parade. No chairs will be allowed.

You can get the tickets on site.

At least this way if your plans change you don't loose money.

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 143
6. Re: Fort Henry

Jeff

I would strongly recommend the Sunset Ceremony which goes on most Wednesdays and Saturdays in July and August. Otherwise a visit to their web site will give you a list of the events that occur on each day starting May 17. I have been to the fort many times over the past 35 years and would say to leave at least a couple of hours to wander and explore and more if you are looking at experiencing specific activities.

7. Re: Fort Henry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 15, 2015