We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 7
Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

My first trip to Canada and port of entry is Vancouver. After spending some time in Vancouver, we'll be flying from Vancouver to visit the ontario region.

My initial plan was to fly into Toronto, then to Kington for the 1000 island, and then back to Toronto, then to Niagara falls, and then cross the border to Buffalo airport en-route to New York.

I was thinking if i can fly to Kingston first up, then to Toronto, then to Niagara falls, that would save me having to go Toronto twice.

Question is, are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston? Thanks for your help.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
1. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

flightstats.com/go/…

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 3
2. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

no direct flights to Kingston from vancouver. I think the only flight is AC jazz from toronto

Edited: 9:01 am, February 15, 2013
Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

The Kingston airport is quite small. You can get a single ticket from Vancouver to Kingston on Air Canada, connecting in Toronto (will have to change planes, but same terminal). This may be cheaper and/or easier than flying only to Toronto and getting to Kingston separately.

Toronto
4. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

You know Kingston and Toronto are only 2.5 hours apart by car or train (3 by bus), right? Ground transportation is cheaper and just as convenient as flying between those cities, unless it's as part of a connecting flight from Vancouver.

Depending on how many of you there are it might be most economical to fly Vancouver-Toronto, rent a car, and drive it round-trip to Kingston. This would also give you the freedom to do stuff along the way, and make it easier to get to Gananoque, which is more central to the Thousand Islands than Kingston.

Ontario
reviews: 14
5. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

I would recommend renting a car and visiting the Niagara region first and then driving to Kingston and back to Toronto to drop off the rental car and fly to NYC. If you can arrange to pick up a rental car at the airport and drop off in Niagara Falls, ON, you could go to Kingston first and then to Niagara and fly from Buffalo to NYC, however the savings on flights may get eaten up by a drop off charge on the car rental and a taxi from Niagara Falls, ON to Buffalo, NY. A third option would be to carry on from Kingston to Montreal spend a few days there and then fly to NYC from Montreal.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 20
6. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

The 1000 islands are best seen from the boats leaving Gananoque so you likely will want to rent a car while at Kingston or drive to Kingston from Toronto. Gan is about a half hour drive east of Kingston. Be sure to choose a boat tour that let's you disembark at Boldt Island to wander around.

What time of year are you visiting? The 1000 islands are best June-Sept.

Hope you have a great trip!

SE Ontario
reviews: 8
7. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

Further to the above, note that Boldt Castle is located in the United States area of the 1000 Islands. In order to disembark, you must have proper identification and applicable paperwork for entering the USA.

8. Re: Are there any direct flights from Vancouver to Kingston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 19, 2014