We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Patras, Greece
reviews: 1
Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

In August next year three of us will be travelling to Canada and landing at Toronto International Airport .Could you please suggest the cheapest ways of getting from the airport to a downtown Hamilton hotel (please bear in mind that we will have luggage with us !)

14 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
1. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Easiest would be Airways Transit, which provides shared-ride van services to Hamilton. www.airwaystransit.com . 3 adults to Hamilton would be $130 (total) one-way, and they'll take you door-to-door.

Cheapest? You could:

1. Take Mississauga Transit MiWay route 7 from the airport to Square One/City Centre bus terminal ($3.25/person) (http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/)

2. Walk across the street to the GO Transit stops by the Chapters bookstore and take GO Route 46, the 407 West service, to Hamilton. Every half-hour there's a bus to McMaster University in Hamilton; every hour or so there's a bus to the downtown Hamilton GO Centre. ($8.25/person) (gotransit.com/publicroot/…)

3. Take local transit ($2.55/person) (http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/transit) or a quick taxi ride to your Hamilton destination.

You'd have to lug your own luggage onto the buses, and it'd take a fair bit longer, but all three of you could get to Hamilton for about $42 (total) that way.

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
2. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Oh my...Airways Transit all the way. I couldn't imagine having just gotten off a long flight and then have to go through the rigmarole of public transit. Nice research by Matt though.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 604
3. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

What about renting a car?

Patras, Greece
4. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

thank you very much ,you've been most kind !!!

5. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 14, 2012
Edited: 8:35 am, November 14, 2012

Hamilton, Canada
6. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Hi George, I've heard from a good source that the Airways Transit's 3 person fare is actually being lowered to $107.96 (plus 13% tax). Airways Transit have a desk right inside both terminals which eliminates confusion when you arrive, so you know where to go to check in.

Goring, United...
7. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

My wife and I went this way (nov 2013). It was fine. We had to first get the free shuttle from terminal 3 to terminal 1. We then caught the number 7 bus from the airport to square one - 6 dollars something for both of us. Had no change so the bus driver accepted 5 dollars for both of us, no problem!

Driver pointed to where we needed to go to catch the Go bus. At square one buy your ticket from a small kiosk at the end of the bus stops (after stop 9).$8.80 each single. Caught the number 47 Go bus and the driver pointed out the stop we needed to get off.

Everyone so nice and helpful on the bus and everyone so polite.

Thank you for the advice. Really helpful. David

London, Ontario
reviews: 19
8. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Limousine service quotes only $90. A much better option than an $88 shuttle; the price posted June 2014 for Hamilton to Pearson on Airways Transit for one person.

Ontario
reviews: 14
9. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

Old post from 2012

Bobcaygeon, Canada
10. Re: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport

How about getting from Hamilton airport to union station in toronto, could u please tell me the least expensive route?

Reply to: Getting to Hamilton from Pearson Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted