We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hamilton Airport

Which Hamilton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newton Abbot, Devon
Hamilton Airport

We are flying in with Globespan in September and would like to stay 1st night at the airport. Can anyone recommend the best hotel? Also would like to organise car hire from the hotel - any suggestions?

Devonshire girl.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
reviews: 42
1. Re: Hamilton Airport

The Hamilton (John C. Munro) Airport is quite small and is located in the country outside the city of Hamilton. There are no hotels nearby. There is a Super 8 Motel in the vicinity and some larger places (Marriott Courtyard, etc.) a few miles away, but that is all. You would need to take a taxi to any of these places. You don't say where you are headed to, but I would assume Toronto or Niagara Falls, which are both within an hours drive.. I would suggest that you rent a car at the Airport (Avis, Hertz and National ), and drive to your destination immediately. Even if it is a late arrival, you can avoid the hassle of taxiing to a motel and trying to arrange a car rental from there the next day.

Ont
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hamilton Airport

I have stayed at the SUper 8 by the airport, it's only a 2 min drive and I found it clean, no complaints. flyhi.ca/passenger/…am_accom_5.shtml

There are acouple of rental companies at the airport.

flyhi.ca/passenger/…car_rentals.shtml

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Hamilton Airport

I agree with Fallsdude, though depending on where you're going you may not need to rent a car right away. E.g. you were continuing on to Toronto, the cheapest and easiest way is Flyglobespan's shuttle bus to downtown Toronto.

That said, the Hamilton Airport does have a list of nearby hotels including tessky's pick, and some of the listings mention airport shuttle service: flyhi.ca/passenger/…hamilton.shtml

Enterprise Rent-A-Car advertises that they'll pick you up, so that might be a good option if you were staying at a Hamilton hotel that didn't have a car rental place within walking distance.

4. Re: Hamilton Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 29, 2009