We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in December

Which Burlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 369
Weekend in December

We need to be in Burlington for a Saturday nigh affair, and are planning on staying in Burlington, arriving on a Friday night and leaving on Sunday. We thought it better not to drive back into Toronto on Saturday night. So the question is, is there enough to keep us occupied in Burlinton, or should we stay Friday night in Toronto, and move on to Burlington?

We love Toronto, but have never been to Burlington. We have been to Niagara Falls, Niagara on the Lake, the wine country, etc. and would rather not do that again. From studying the map, it looks like it will be an hour drive or so into Toronto from Burlington. We like all things city and country. Suggestions much appreciated!

ZB

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
1. Re: Weekend in December

Hi Zabriskibound,

Welcome to BURLINGTON TRAVEL FORUM.

Rather than write a long Backgrounder myself about Burlington… I find it just as useful for Travellers to take a look at Wikipedia… as Canadians are the biggest contributors to the Website you`ll find that most Places & Things Canadian have excellent comprehensive entries. Certainly a good place to start.

Wikipedia – Burlington, Ontario = en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burlington,_Ontario

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 12
2. Re: Weekend in December

Burlington to Toronto is about 1 hour but I would check the traffic by listening to 680 AM (updates every 10 minutes) because of delays for one reason or another.

In December you can visit the burlington museums (they have a few events going on) and I would suggest the Royal Botanical Gardens if you've never been. If you like the outdoors you can stroll around downtown and at the foot of Brant Street is the Spencer Smith Park boardwalk promenade & the Discovery Landing with outdoor skating right beside Lake Ontario. The lakeside festival of lights begins Dec. 5th Just follow Brant Street south and look for the signs. http://tourismburlington.com

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Dusseldorf
reviews: 369
3. Re: Weekend in December

Thanks Wine-4-2 and coleco76! Much appreciated!

ZB

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
4. Re: Weekend in December

Hi Zabriskibound,

You are very welcome... glad to be of help.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
5. Re: Weekend in December

Hi ZB;

If I may add...

If you were visiting in the warmer months, I would agree with your idea of staying in Burlington.

However, in December, I would suggest staying in Toronto.

There is just so much more that you can see and do than in Burlington, in December.

Best Regards

6. Re: Weekend in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 31, 2011