We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseshoe Valley over March Break

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 5
Horseshoe Valley over March Break

Has anyone done the tubing at Horseshoe? What was it like? Is there a "lift/tow etc" to get to the top?

Also comments on the skiing, boys are internediate skiers?

What is the Lodge like, I will not be able to ski (injury) so I will be stuck in there all day. Is there internet?

What are the prices like for food?

We are staying in Barrie not at the hill.

4 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
1. Re: Horseshoe Valley over March Break

There is a "magic carpet" tow to get the tubers back to the top.....I believe they have free Wi-Fi....

Here's the site.....

http://www.horseshoeresort.com

Toronto
reviews: 237
2. Re: Horseshoe Valley over March Break

The last time I was at Horseshoe they had a spa at the hotel if that interests you. We've stayed a couple of times to golf - for me it's a ho hum property. The overall rating on TA is 3.5 stars

Edited: 5:41 am, February 27, 2014
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 518
3. Re: Horseshoe Valley over March Break

Horseshoe Valley should be more than fine for intermediate skiers, the skiing area in central Ontario is more like hills than Mountains....

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 12
4. Re: Horseshoe Valley over March Break

neilalex....You have essentially three nearby options skiing out of Barrie. Horseshoe Valley 20 minutes north, good for intermediates, Snow Valley, not as high, but 10 minutes away is good for beginners and intermediates I prefer Mt. St Louis/Moonstone about 25 minutes up Hwy 400 which is a little higher, has more varied terrain, being two ski resorts combined into one....it's the closest we have to Camp Fortune. But, don't expect anythink like Tremblant where I've just returned from. Adult full lift tickets: Snow Valley $35; Horseshoe $50, Mt St. Louis $55. But you can pick up lift ticket vouchers for mid $40's to Horseshoe and Mt St. Louis at Costco in the south end of Barrie, but I think they are week-day tickets only. The full day junior and senior lift tickets are under $40. Have fun.

Reply to: Horseshoe Valley over March Break
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted