We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting mid-October

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
Visiting mid-October

I have never been to this area before but must travel and will have 2-3 days of down time I'd like to explore, eat, shop in this new area. May travel towards Toronto but will be staying in Barrie. What are the must see, must do, must eat at? Would like to keep all travel within about 90 minutes. I thank you in advance for your suggestions!

4 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
reviews: 11
1. Re: Visiting mid-October

Start by taking a look at the Barrie Tourism website, which will have a calendar of events for whenever it is you are visiting (note the weekend of October 12-14th is Thanksgiving weekend here). I believe the Fall Artists Studio Tour is usually on in mid-October. Surrounding areas of interest would include the Midland area, Muskoka Lakes District, Collingwood, Georgian Bay area.

Expect fall foliage to be either at or just past peak, with lots of colour.

http://www.tourismbarrie.com/

http://www.discovermuskoka.ca/

visitgeorgianbay.com/midland-penetang-region…

Edited: 3:37 pm, September 12, 2013
Niagara
reviews: 22
2. Re: Visiting mid-October

You should also head north of Barrie into the shield country. Land of the forests, lakes and rock, rugged type of scenery completely different than the southern landscape. It is only about 30 minutes north on Hwy #400 and #11. Gravenhurst would be the first town. This is the Muskoka area.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 626
3. Re: Visiting mid-October

If you like wood-fired cooked pizza, I'd go to Pie....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
reviews: 23
4. Re: Visiting mid-October

Since you are considering travelling toward Toronto, then I think you really should visit the city........and it's only an hours drive............or you could take the GO Train to Toronto as well...........while you're in Barrie, take a stroll along the waterfront.......the trail is very pretty, and stretches for a few miles.......

Edited: 8:22 pm, September 12, 2013
Reply to: Visiting mid-October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted