We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newbury, United...
travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

I am due to travel from UK to Barrie via Pearson terminal 3. I've been trying to find how to get from the airport without taking the expensive door to door minibus service

So far the best I've found is from the Go website

Internal transit to T1

Bus 34 to Yorkdale Go bus station

Bus 66a to Newmarket

bus 68 to Barrie

If I miss that one the next suggestion they came up with wa

internal transit to Ti

Airport express to Richmond Hill Centre

Viva Blue bus to Newmarket Go station

1 min walk then

bus 68 from Newmarket bus station to Barrie

Has anyone any better suggestions?

Will I manage ok with a medium/large suitcase and a carry on bag? Weight isn't a particular issue for the changes so long as I can wheel the case most of the time

11 replies to this topic
Niagara
reviews: 18
1. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

From the GO site FAQ:

<<How much luggage can I take on the GO Train or GO Bus?

We do not have the facilities to transport large amounts of luggage; however, passengers travelling in non-rush-hour times may travel with objects that they are able to carry on. Strollers can be brought on our service anytime, but they must be collapsible to fit on the GO Bus.

Will a bus driver assist a passenger with baggage?

When sufficient space is available, as a courtesy, GO Transit bus drivers can assist in loading and unloading articles into the underfloor compartment or into the bus.

Please note: Not all GO Buses have an underfloor compartment.>>

gotransit.com/public/en/travelling/faq.aspx

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 521
2. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Just be prepared for a lengthy trip, as long as the bus is not full, you can have a bag beside you if there no no compartment underneath for bags...

Barrie
reviews: 67
3. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Sounds like a lot of work to me. Have you tried Simcoe County Airport Service? www.simcoecountyairportservice.ca/

We use them all the time when we go to the airport. We pay $78 return so only $40 one way.

$ 25.57 pound your money...

Barrie, Canada
4. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

I phoned Simcoe County Airport Service Dec. 17, 2013, and they are not aware of the return trip fare that you mention. Have you got any more information on that return rate?

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

How much is their one way rate now?? Will they pick you up upon return?? How much is the difference??

Toronto
6. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

The question was from April, the trip's probably already happened...

Toronto, Canada
7. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Post #4 was new...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
8. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Sauromatum..............post #4.............Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums.............the poster from answer #3 that you ask your question of replied to this thread 8 months ago and is likely not watching it anymore....if you want to contact them, just click on their screen name laing1 in the 3rd post, and then send them a private message........

Barrie, Canada
9. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

Thank You for that information. In response to tdsuperstar, Simcoe County Airport Service charges $64 for one way travel Barrie to Pearson, and $64 Pearson to Barrie. Each leg of that trip has to be booked separately. The person with whom I spoke had never heard of TripAdvisor.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
10. Re: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie

You're welcome..........

Reply to: travel from Toronto Pearson to Barrie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted