We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Owen Sound, Canada
Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

I need assistance... I am going from Owen Sound to London and I am very confused what is the best way to go. I am assuming that heading to Barrie would be the best but I can't find out if I take a bus to Barrie and then a bus (or Train?) to London. Also, no direct bus from OS to London on the day I'm leaving. Any advice would be great and much appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 19
1. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

Barrie is in the opposite direction than London from Owen Sound, so I'm not sure why you would want to head there.

Can you take a bus to Guelph, Kitchener, or somewhere else in the general direction of London and connect from there?

You might want to check out a map to orient yourself.

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

How about this: http://www.aboutown.com/northlink.php ? It doesn't run daily but it is direct.

Greyhound wants to route you via Barrie and Toronto. Perhaps their only Owen Sound route goes to Toronto?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 19
3. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

Hmm...what do you know? It looks like all the buses from Owen Sound do go through Barrie!

But, it looks like you need to continue on to Toronto, then transfer to a bus to London from there. You may also be able to take a train to London from Toronto, but you would have to transfer from the Greyhound terminal to Union Station, so may not end up saving much time, depending on the schedules.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 473
4. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

Eeeeee that is some ugly connection times!

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

Going on Greyhound via Toronto will take 3-4 hours longer than going direct on Aboutown. I guess you have to decide whether you can make the shorter trip on Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday, or have to suffer through the longer trip on other days of the week.

Via's Toronto-London train is 10 minutes faster than the Greyhound bus, so not worth the hassle of the transfer or the extra cost.

6. Re: Travelling from Owen Sound to London ON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, June 08, 2014