We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie Ontario
reviews: 32
Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

Anyone heading to Horseshoe..there is a full service grocery store in Craighust ( 5 minutes from the resort) at Horseshoe Valley Resort and Hwy 93. It is not expensive, a regular IGA with a terrific hot deli and a LCBO ( Liquor Store) outlet right in the store. Excellent meat department - great steaks! There is also a nice casual dining restaurant across the street called Abbotts of Craighurst. Loobies Restaurant also on that corner and great for breakfast! Video store. pottery studio and a couple of gift shops also on that corner.

Horseshoe Resort itself has a few dining option...'Silks' is upscale, expensive and excellent.

'Go West Grill' - casual bar style - good burgers and ribs - 'Crazy Horse' casual but more restaurant like than bar..it shares the same kitchen as Go West.

2 excellent golf courses at Horseshoe!!!

I live in the area and eat and shop there often.

Barrie Ontario
31. Re: Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

I agree with respect...Sherwood Inn in Port Carling is beautiful! Rocky Crest south of Parry Sound is also nice.

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 101
32. Re: Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

This is very useful thanks, yes the Sherwood looks really good. I just tried the website but they do not seem yet to have Fall packages loaded up -- I'lll try again. Oh and Bmb, I asked this in another forum, is there another decent hotel with a decent on-site restaurant in Barrie itself other than the Holiday Inn off the highway next to the Manderin?

Barrie Ontario
33. Re: Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

No there is no other hotel in barrie with a full service restaurant inside. The travelodge on Bayfield Street in Barrie is a stones throw from a multitude of restaurants..you could easily stagger back safely in 1 - 5 minutes from the Crock & Block, Applebees, Red Lobster,Chinese Buffet at bayfield Mall, Pizza Hut, Great Sushi Spot. Other 1-5 min spots include Galaxie dinner ( right across the street and fantastic breakfast) Taco bell, KFC, Pizza Pizza, Subway etc..

34. Re: Horseshoe Valley - shopping,eating...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 14, 2009