We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I still visit?

Which Barrie hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Almelo, The...
Can I still visit?

My and my girlfriend had a relationship for 3 years in Canada, my girl is Canadian and I'm Dutch.

First we met each other in Canada, and I stayed for 10 days, it went perfect and we fell in love. I went back to Holland, for 2 weeks and returned happy to Canada. I stayed for the permitted 6 months.

After the 6 months I returned to Holland again for a month, my girl and her 3 year old son came with me. We both had plans to live with each other and build up a future in Canada. We both closed my house, meaning, sold my personal belongins, stop the rent, informed everyone, etc, etc.

We returned to Canada for good, although I could stay for only 6 months. My girl had a plan to sponsor me but alot of circumstances screwed it up. 2 un-wanted movings (Landlords!) Her ex wanted her children, money problems, tiny little argues between us cause of the circumstances.

I overstayed the 6 months big time, more then 5 months. And we were both stressed out and didn't know what to do. A break up followed. At the moment I'm building up my life again slowly.

I would like to return to Canada to visit my girlfriend, cause we broke up as good friends.

what are my chances to return for a visit to Canada for a month or 3 weeks? I have the stamps with the dates of my flights, and they can see my overstay (I think) when I returned to Canada they didn't say anything at the passport controle.

answers, tips and advices are very welcome....

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Can I still visit?

You should address your questions to the appropriate authorities.

Almelo, The...
2. Re: Can I still visit?

And what are the appropriate authorities?

And where can I find them? I really could use any help with this...

SE Ontario
reviews: 8
3. Re: Can I still visit?

cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/admiss-eng…

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 68
4. Re: Can I still visit?

Hi Gerhardus034;

I would suggest also contacting the Canadian Embassy nearest you.

canadainternational.gc.ca/netherlands-pays_b…

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
5. Re: Can I still visit?

Hi Gerhardus034,

Welcome to the BARRIE TRAVEL FORUM.

Indeed NO ONE here on the Travel Forums are going to be able to help you... you'll be dealing either with Canada Border Services Agency (Customs & Border Control) OR in your situation more than likely will be referred on to Citizenship & Immigration Canada... see this HOT TOPICS Page = http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp

Hard to say whether you’ll be allowed back in or not… having over stayed your welcome without going thru the appropriate channels to get an Extension, may not bode well for you in the long run (shows you can be unreliable).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Almelo, The...
6. Re: Can I still visit?

hey! , thanks guys!

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 50
7. Re: Can I still visit?

Hi Gerhardus03,

Good Luck !!

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

8. Re: Can I still visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, August 02, 2014