We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound stops

Rome, Italy
reviews: 44
Greyhound stops

Hallo everyone! I'm planning to use greyhound next month from Ottawa to Vancouver!while i'm pretty sure about the second part of the trip (one day in Winnipeg, one in regina maybe, a few days in Calgary/Banff then go to Edmonton to take the train to Vancouver), i'm not really sure about the first part! I was considering to make two stops: one in Sudbury and the other one in thunder bay...but i'm not sure the greyhound is gonna leave me close to downtown! Will they stop like in the middle of nowhere? Should i go straight to Winnipeg and make no stops from Ottawa?

Thanks a lot!

4 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
reviews: 8
1. Re: Greyhound stops

They won't stop in the middle of nowhere, but the stations will not be right downtown. You'd likely have to take a taxi to get into the centre of these (small) cities. The Greyhound website has a station locator - you can find the station addresses to plug in to google maps to see where in the city they are situated.

Whether you should stop in these places is up to you... depends on what your interests are and what you'd want to do in these locations. Do some research on them. In late September you'll likely see fall foliage in northern Ontario.

Toronto
reviews: 208
2. Re: Greyhound stops

I would stop at one of Sudbury or Thunder Bay and not both - depending on what you'd like to see. They are both cities and not towns...I've been to both and would suggest you'd only want to stop if there's something specific you'd like to see.

Rome, Italy
reviews: 44
3. Re: Greyhound stops

Sorry i was off line for a while..thanks for your kind replies, but i've decided to go straight to Winnipeg because i will be carrying two heavy bags and i don't want to make complicated stops where i have to take a taxi to get downtown and then to go back to the bus stop, just to spend 24hrs in Sudbury or thunder bay....thanks anyway!!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 479
4. Re: Greyhound stops

Tough bus ride, at least a long one, best of luck!

Reply to: Greyhound stops
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted