We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

MISSISSAUGA
reviews: 12
Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

This is not a question; it is more of a warning to travellers who are using Trivago to book hotels in Ontario.

Recently, I booked a hotel in Toronto through Trivago. Trivago uses different suppliers to give you the best price. However, the suppliers are not monitored. As a result, after putting in our credit card information, the supplier, AMOMA, charged our credit card right away, and used their supplier, GTA, to make the booking. When we checked in to the hotel, the booking was made, but GTA's credit card was declined. When we checked out of the hotel, we were forced to pay AGAIN, and we have been told to try and get our money back from AMOMA and GTA. Clearly, this is not working, and are saying it takes between 15-30 days to get a reply.

After contacting Trivago, they said they have no financial responsibility, and cannot help with this issue. PLEASE don't make the same mistake! Don't use Trivago if you don't know the third-party company/supplier!

Never book with either of these companies. Not only is it a scam, but it is such a waste of time.

Has anyone else had a problem with AMOMA and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
1. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

I have never heard of Amoma and GTA.....were they the suppliers of the room?

MISSISSAUGA
2. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Yeah they were. Turns out they're located in London, England.

Geneva, Switzerland
3. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Dear Lauren K,

Thank you for your message!

We would like to investigate further the situation described in your post. Please provide us with your reservation number in order to look into it and we will revert to you with an answer by e-mail or by phone.

Best regards,

AMOMA.com Team.

4. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:10 am, April 06, 2014
Boston
reviews: 18
5. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

I also want to add a warning about AMOMA.com. They have been nothing but trouble!!! My husband tried to book a hotel through amoma.com, but after entering all of his information, the site said the hotel was no longer available, and the transaction was cancelled. A couple weeks later he saw that amoma.com had nonetheless charged the entire amount (several nights hotel, about $700) to his credit card! And despite numerous calls, and amoma.com acknowledging that a refund should be issued, they have refused to refund the credit card. They keep giving us the run-around, saying they need all sorts of information from the credit card company in order to issue the refund. The credit card company, meanwhile, says not to provide the information they are seeking, and there is no reason amoma.com can't just issue the refund! Now we have had to go to the trouble of disputing the charge with the credit card company, even though amoma.com admits a refund is due. Beware! Based on others' experiences, it definitely seems that amoma.com engages in shady credit card/billing practices.

Edited: 11:52 am, April 07, 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
6. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Hello Carrie B,

We would like to investigate this further! Can you reply with your booking number to help us? We will then contact you directly about this issue.

Best regards,

AMOMA.com Team

Edited: 3:39 pm, April 07, 2014
reviews: 6
7. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

I just booked with Hotel Travel/GTA yesterday through Trifago, not knowing, not having done my research, for a really good price at Royal York ($200.00 + tax). I phoned Royal York directly afterwards, but they said I had to wait a few days for the info to trickle to them. I am now worried. I will phone them Wednesday night and keep my fingers crossed that all went through okay. Anyone with experiences with HotelTravel.com or GTA?

MISSISSAUGA
8. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Carrie, I had the EXACT same problem. After 2 and a half weeks, they finally sent the money back to us- keep fighting! I found that e-mailing them was a much easier way to get in contact with them. They never answered the phone promptly.

Ray, I would only suggest cancelling it before it's too late. We had to pay the hotel when checking out because GTA hadn't sent the money (and never did).

Edited: 2:08 pm, April 09, 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
9. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Hello Ray S, We would like to investigate this further! Can you reply with your booking number to help us? We will then contact you directly about this issue. Best regards, AMOMA.com Team

reviews: 6
10. Re: Trivago, Amoma, and GTA (Gulliver Travel Agency)

Well, I phoned the Fairmont Royal York yesterday and yay! Our reservations were there. Phew!!!

I'm feeling relieved! Such a good price as every other services are charging twice that for the night we wanted.

I'm a happy relieved camper!

Ray