We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saudi Arabia
reviews: 2
Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Greetings:

I don’t know if this is actually feasible or even a good idea, but I thought I “bounce” the idea off this Forum to get some feedback. At the end of the May, I will be flying into Stanfield International Airport, Enfield, Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am arriving alone. After arriving, I will pick up my rent-a-car and I will be driving into Halifax. In the spirit of “couch-surfing” (i.e., giving free accommodation in your home or apartment to total strangers), I would like to help someone (or some people) by giving them a free ride to Halifax on the day I arrive if it is needed, but my spirit of generosity is tempered by some misgivings about doing this. For example, it would be very unfortunate if I attempted to give a free ride to someone who, in a very farfetched example I hope, decided to kill me LOL. However, I welcome feedback on my idea. Finally, if this Forum judges my idea even a little feasible or logical, how would I even find these people to help? Is there a special website for doing this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
1. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Good on you for trying to be generous, but personally I think you're simply making things more complicated for you at the airport. It's not a big deal to get from the airport to downtown, during peak times the bus leaves every 30 minutes and it's only $3.25.

Relax, enjoy your holiday.

Cheers,

Terry

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

I think you've got it backwards: you're expecting the people who accept a ride from you to accept far more risk than you're taking.

What are the odds that some random person you pick at the airport wants to rob or injure you? Pretty low. What are the odds that someone who offers me a free ride at the airport wants to rob or injure me? Far too high for myself or most sensible people to accept that ride.

Saudi Arabia
3. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Dear Terry:

Thank you for your reply. You are absolutely right. I forgot about the new and extremely cheap bus from the Airport to Downtown Halifax. I will forget about the free transportation idea, but some day I might offer my empty couch to some wayward traveler.

Calgary, Canada
4. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Good on you: https://www.couchsurfing.org/

All the best to you.

Cheers,

Terry

Bedford, Canada
reviews: 82
5. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

I would also feel you would have a hard time finding someone to accept your geneousity. Too many people out there these days with hidden agendas. If you want to do something nice, as you are touring Spring Garden Rd, buy a take out meal for one of the homeless or street people. You'll see them there.

notkevin

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
6. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

I am looking for this shuttle to get from the airport to the downtown. I have already printed the schedule.

Where does it drop you off in the downtown Halifax area? I would like to look at hotels that are close by.

Thank you.

Also, do any downtown hotels offer a shuttle to the airport?

~SRQgirl

Bedford, Canada
7. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Hi SRQgirl,

Can you clarify? What shuttle schedule have you printed off? A company called the Airporter was running a shuttle but has folded. There is transportation through our public transit system that drops off downtown and in Dartmouth.

No hotels outside of the Airport offer a shuttle service to the Airport.

notkevin

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
reviews: 81
8. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

www.google.ca/url…

The above is the Metro Transit information for the bus service to the airport. I don't know of any hotels running a shuttle service except for the hotels right by the airport.

sarasota, FL
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Venice, Siesta Key
reviews: 119
9. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Yes, that is the schedule I have...the Metro Bus Service. Too bad the shuttle went poof.

Is the only bus stop at Scotia Square in downtown Halifax? If so, what are the hotels in that area?

I have looked at the Delta Halifax...are there others?

Thank you again.

~SRQgirl

Bedford, Canada
10. Re: Free Transport from Halifax International Airport to Halifax

Hi SRQgirl,

They drop off right across from the Delta Barrington but you have some choices within walking distance. If you feel limited with the choices you can walk across the street to the Delta and Ask them to call you a cab. There are so many more choices within a $10.00 cab ride.

Within walking distance there is the Delta Barrington, Delta Halifax and Marriott Harbourfront. Up over a steep hill but only 5 or 6 blocks is the Price George Hotel. A little further West is the Cambridge Suites but by now you are walking a steep hill with your luggage, I wouldn't suggest it. Because you can get a cab at the Delta Barrington, I wouldn't limit yourself to the walking distance hotels when doing your search, but if that's where you end up, then great.

notkevin