We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halifax to Europe

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
Halifax to Europe

Hoping to find a reasonably priced flight from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada to the UK, either London or vicinity, to travel onwards to eastern Europe.

I have found some excellent airfares to Eastern Europe from the UK, however from Halifax to the UK it is much more expensive. Anyone have any ideas as how best to get to the UK?

Thanks,

PS Flying to UK in mid-August

Halifax, NS
reviews: 10
11. Re: Halifax to Europe

I can't help you there. I've been avoiding flying into the States like the plague, ever since it took me 3.5 hours to go through immigration at Newark last Sept. (And I'm a white-haired and skinned, female, 6th generation Canadian, ie not on anyone's terrorist profile.) And I swore off going to the States to take a flight elsewhere many years ago. They're the only country that I've ever heard of, that doesn't have transit facilities in their airports. So that even if you're taking another flight out of the country within a very short time, you have to go through customs, etc. Give me Heathrow or Gatwick any time. You go to a transit room, sit there until your flight is called, and get on your next flight. Of course that only works if your luggage is checked through to your final destination.

Blondie may be able to help - she loves going to NYC.

Chester Basin...
reviews: 50
12. Re: Halifax to Europe

Continental flights from YHZ to EWR (Newark Liberty) are non stop but I don't believe they service any New York City airports unfortunatly. Air Canada services LaGuardia but only via YYZ ( Toronto) or YUL ( Montreal).

I agree with Bedlace 100% regarding Newark Liberty. It;s an absolute nightmare each and every time. Was this way before 9/11 and is far worse now. However I grit my teeth and usually fly into EWR for the sake of faster flight duration time.

regards.

Chester Basin...
13. Re: Halifax to Europe

American Airlines flies into both JFK and La Gaurdia

Halifax
14. Re: Halifax to Europe

Is it easy to transfer in JFK? I'm looking at taking the Delta flight direct to Ukraine. 5 hrs enough lead time?

Chester Basin...
15. Re: Halifax to Europe

JFK is designed for efficency to transfer...Yes.

16. Re: Halifax to Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, August 14, 2009