We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel at downtown halifax

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 10
hotel at downtown halifax

We are planning a trip to Halifax on August with my 2 kids ages 7 and 4. Any cheap hotels around downtown are?

Halifax, NS
reviews: 10
1. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

Again, please do a search for hotels in the Halifax Forum. With a family, you might want to consider a suite hotel. The Cambridge Suites and Radisson Suite Hotels are very central and reasonably priced. The Howard Johnson in Dartmouth is only a block from the ferry, which takes 10 minutes to Halifax. (The kids would like the ferry.)

Dartmouth, Canada
reviews: 1
2. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

You might also try the Dalhousie or St. Marys university. I believe they rent room during the summer.

New Orleans...
reviews: 3
3. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

Especially with kids, I loved the Radisson Suites hotel. It's well-located and with the LR with sleeper sofa and BR, it offers some separate space. Clean, modern, convenient. THeir breakfast was pretty good, and they had snacks during happy hour in the bar, with a fire going. Very nice when we arrived last June in very cold sleeting rain. The staff is helpful as well with restaurant recommendations. IT's not exactly cheap - but I believe we paid around $150 a night.

You can walk easily to the waterfront. The market is right next door, along with teh brewery, and the Maritime Museum is a block or so away. The Freak Lunchbox is 2-3 blocks away, and you can walk to Spring Garden St. easily.

Chester Basin...
reviews: 54
4. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

The Radisson would be my pick...have always been completly satisfied.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
reviews: 2
5. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

The Loon's Nest Cottage is only 20 min from downtown with the city limits. 2bed/2bath on Springfield Lake. www.theloonsnestcottage.com would be a great place for the kids to unwind after exploring Halifax.

6. Re: hotel at downtown halifax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 15, 2009