We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel, B&B??????

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Hotel, B&B??????

We will be flying into Halifax mid or end of July. Am confused as where to stay. Saw a deal for Holiday Inn Centre on Robie Street.

Anyone know how far (walking distance) to downtown regarding things to do.

Not too sure if we should rent a car on our arrival and go to Peggys Cove first and then back to Halifax. Do we need more than one day for PC and if to stay over night in PC where????

We both are in the mid 50's. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

allsunny.

reviews: 25
1. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

The Holiday Inn on Robie St. is pretty set back from the main downtown core, I would guess about a 20-25 min walk to the downtown core. Try to get a room at one of these locations, which are located right downtown Halifax: Delta Barrington, Delta Halifax, Prince George Hotel, Marriott Halifax Harborview, Radisson Hotel Halifax; they have beautiful suites there for about 129.99 a night, the new Courtyard by Marriott, Redience Inn Marriott, and the Westin Nova Scotian; its a little set back from the main downtown area...about a 5 min walk. Peggys Cove is a beautiful spot but I would think that you would only need a day there. Head out, see the lighthouse, shop at giftshops in the area, then return to your hotel in Halifax.

Chester Basin...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

Hi allsunny "

Shane is right -- about a 20-25 minute walk but it's a good walk down Bell Road, Spring Garden Road then Barrington St etc..

Lots to see on that walk and there's good Metro Transit ( bus) service to and from the Holiday Inn at Robie / Quinpool.

You will not need all day in Peggy's Cove but you could easily make it a day or overnight trip by travelling coastal south towards St. Margarets Bay, Chester, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg.

Your furthest point, Lunenburg, is only 1 hour from Halifax via the #103 Highway. The coastal route of course takes about twice as long but is very picturesque and charming.

Hope this helps you with your plans and let us know if we can help you further.

regards,

blondie *

Saskatoon
3. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

I am also looking for a hotel in downtown Halifax, so thought I would join this conv. My daughter and I will be coming into Halifax from Lunenberg and P.Cove early in the am of the 19thand want to spend the day exploring befoe we leave on the 20th. I just want to drive in, park my rental car, and be able to walk to Pier 21, Museum of teh Atlantic and Sentinal. Then next am, get in my car and drive to Airport--don't want to be looking for parking in Halifax.

I tried the Citadel, they're full --lowest rate they show is very high, however. All the other places you mention downtown are 200 and up. Have found nothing lower. Any suggestions?

Also have not found a b&b for Lunenberg. Any suggestions there. I am starting to panic. We leave on July 1st.

Thanks,

Prairie Girl

Saskatoon
4. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

Oops...I meant the Citadel not the Sentinal. Getting my cities mixed up--it's been a long week.

Thanks

Prairie Girl

Chester Basin...
5. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

Hello prairiegirl "

Downtown hotels are very expensive I agree. For an alternative idea have a look at these "

Garden South Park Inn

www.gardeninn.ns.ca

Julie's Walk B&B

www.julieswalk.com

The Verandah B&B

www.theverandahbb.com

All are in decent locations and offer parking as far as I know.

What price range are you looking for in Lunenburg ?

blondie **

nova scotia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

Unfortunately you are coming at peak tourist time here in Halifax, so the rates will be high - although I just checked the Prince George website and could get a room for $170 a nite- not a steal but beats over $200 a nite- and that was for next week- weel of July 1st.

As for Lunenburg B&B 's - try these websites.

- www.ashleahouse.com

- www.admiraltyhouse.com

- www.bonniesbandb.com

- www3.ns.sympatico.ca/westhaver.haus

- www.kaulbachhouse.com

- www.atlanticsojourn.com

- www.lincolnhouse.ca

- www. pelhamhouse.ca

- www.brigantineinn.com

- www.homeportmotel.com

CAPE

Chester Basin...
7. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

replied to your PM prairiegirl ......

blondie *

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
reviews: 97
8. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

The Holiday Inn is a bit out of the way. In addition to the above suggestions try the Waverly Inn. I have stayed there. It is a rundown but adequate.

Or what I would do - check into staying in Dartmouth within walking distance of the ferry. My husband and I did that once - stayed in a lovely B&B for a reasonable price. The ferry takes you to downtown Halifax in 15 minutes. You have to be careful to catch the last one back however (sometime around 11:30 pm)

Go to novascotia.com and look under accommodations for these which I believe are close to the ferry:

Adobe Bed & Breakfast (They say they are close to the ferry)

Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast (5 minute walk)

Prince Albert Bed & Breakfast (10 minute walk)

There may be others as well. I used the work "ferry" in my search.

Sterns Mansion B&B (I woudl estimate about a 10 to 15 minute walk, but it is uphill on your return.)

You may be better off staying a bit outside the city and renting a car. there are lots of less expensive places outside the city.

9. Re: Hotel, B&B??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 04, 2009