We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

Which Halifax hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 3
Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

My husband and I will be in Halifax for 2 days mid August and will be doing a 10 day Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island bus tour. We will have been on a tour of Canada (Montreal/Toronta etc) up until then so by then will need to have some clean clothes. Is there anywhere close to the Delta Halifax Hotel that has a public laundry where we can do such a mundane thing as 'wash clothes'. Unfortunately, being away for over 4 weeks these things have to be done at some stage.

Halifax, NS
reviews: 10
1. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

I've just been looking in the phone book and the nearest laundramat is an $8 - $10 taxi ride away from your hotel. (At least that's my best guess for the cost of the taxi.) It's called 'Spin & Tumble' and is at 1022 Barrington. So you're talking $16 plus the cost of the wash and dry. It might be cheaper to have the hotel do your laundry.

2. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

Thanks for finding the info our for me. May have to rethink my 'cleanliness'!!!

N.S.
3. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

Just how I got to this post is beyond me..as I'm looking at reviews of where to eat in Halifax tonight for my birthday...but

I am the one to talk with re laundromats. I live in a condo near

the Public Gardens, and sometimes with a teenage daughter the wash builds up a bit too much for our compact washer/dryer.

Actually, I like getting it 'all done at once'. Therefore, GO to a laundromat no matter the cost of the cab and you'll be quite happy. You can use a 'drop off service' offered by many places

where if you bring it in early morning or night before they'll have it for you later in the day. (leaving you free for sightseeing) This service is usally about 1.50 per load extra.

I recommend spending a few hours and doing it yourself as it

will make it less worrisome knowing where your 'stuff' is and

gives time to clean put your purse and write some postcards.

The Bluenose laundry on Windsor Street is clean and has some big machines. There is a scruffy looking place on Birmingham street...a short street...only Laundry there...not open late...

but just a block behind the famous Spring Garden Road shopping street..actually just cut across the parking lot...and you'll be there. It isn't are from your hotel..must cab though...

5 minute ride. Usually you can buy detergent of softeners in the laundry, but again you are near a "shoppers drug mart" across the parking lot as well and can buy Tide or whatever there cheaper. I really appreciate your asking this question as it is something I plan on doing now...had a huge bag on top of our van in Merida, Mexico and they have hardly any public laundromats. Don't worry..the hotel is in a good location

and relatively close to everything. Mall attatched.(Barrington Place shops and Scotia Square. NO laundry, but a tailor.

I must go and celebrate...you'll have no problem. Last resort, the hotel will do some for you. ($$$) Enjoy your trip. Any questions yoursxox@hotmail.com.

N.S.
4. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

wrong email yoursxox@yahoo.ca

N.S.
5. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

Was just in the parking lot and noticed the signs re the "Kwik Wash" on Clyde Street, not Birmingham but near the corner

of Birmingham...Hours M-F 9-8 Pm S 9-6 pm and Sun 11-6 pm...last wash one hour before closing. Very close to several

shopping 'malls' (Parklane can be seen from the laundry...the ING building with the orange lion sign near the top...) (Shops also in the red brick condo complex across the parking lot on the diagonal...'Spring Garden Place' shopping and food...

and of course as mentioned just one block behind 'Spring Garden Rd' and very near...two blocks..the HFx Public Gardens.

Bye..have to get some laundry done. Must be in the genes./jeans?

6. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

Thanks heaps for your help with this. Will have some spare time before our tour starts so will seek out the laundry. Looking forward to spending time in your district. From the pictures we see here it looks to be a very picturesque area.

7. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

By the way, happy birthday MamaKath, hope you have a good birthday dinner.

Michigan
reviews: 2
8. Re: Any public laundrettes near Delta Halifax Hotel?

I have the same problem but I will need a laundramat at Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown Holiday Inn in August. Does anyone know if the Holiday Inn has a laundry or near by? The next day I will be staying in Nova Scotia at Inverary Inn Resort in Baddeck NS. Possibly there? Does anyone know anything about these hotels or area? We will be on our own for lunch. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Halifax