We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skateboarding in nova scotia!

Warwick, United...
reviews: 62
skateboarding in nova scotia!

we are off to nova scotia in a week, really looking forward to it all. just wondering if it is worth my 15year old packing his skateboard, he is pretty keen on it, but i it allowed, and are there any parks anywhere? We go to Wofville, Lunenburg, Digby, Shubenacadie and somewhere on the sunrise trail? Thanks...

Chester Basin...
reviews: 54
1. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

Hi sazza60"

I have a 15 year old who is also into skateboarding, when it's not the electric guitar, but that's another story altogether isn't it ?

Glad your coming, the weather has been fantastic here lately.

I would allow your son to bring along his skateboard. Skate parks are becoming increasingly popular and he'll find places to use it.

From your list, I can only account Lunenburg, for having a skatepark in town. This is not to say the other towns do not, I have just not been to them, or know for certain. There are two new ones under construction here in Chester and Mahone Bay, but not yet completed. The Halifax Commons has a very good one--quite extensive and challenging...Be sure he has his helmet and I'm pretty sure he'll find places, as they skate in some unusual spots.

regards.

Cape Breton Island...
reviews: 1
2. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

If you or someone else may be interested, here in Sydney we have two skateboard parks. One in the "shipyard area" and one in "whitney pier".

Warwick, United...
3. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

thank you both. I don't think we will get as far as Sydney this time!. We will be visiting Halifax, I presume that is wher Halifax commons are?

Chester Basin...
4. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

Yes sazza'

That's correct. Halifax Commons. Centrally located.

Warwick, United...
5. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

back from a great trip to nova scotia! Just a recommendation to skteboarders on lighthouse trail, call in to the La Have bakery and upstairs is a guy making beautiful boards and a half pipe to skate on! A really pleasant surprise for our son.

Chester Basin...
6. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

Glad you enjoyed your time here sazza60"

About the fellow at La Have Bakery--was this in Lahave or another store on the south shore ? LaHave Bakery has a few outlets throughout the area .. thanks...

Warwick, United...
7. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

Actually in La Have, the name of the company is Homegrown skateboards factory outlet. They have a web site homegrownskateboards.com

Chester Basin...
8. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

thanks sazza"

My son just informed me of that...good to know as we always seem to get his gear at West 49 and A1 Skateboards in Halifax.

Did your son by chance get to the skate park at the Halifax Commons ?

Warwick, United...
9. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

no sadly, due to terror threats etc, we could not take his board with us...

10. Re: skateboarding in nova scotia!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, August 20, 2009