We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I do the Cabot Trail?

Alberta
reviews: 42
Should I do the Cabot Trail?

I am staying in Port Hastings and driving to Sydney in one day. I have 3 options to get from Port Hastings to Sydney. The first one is highway 4, the second highway 105, and the third The Cabot Trail.

I would like to do the Cabot trail but could you do it in one day? Family of mine did it but stayed in a B&B in on the Cabot trail. What is you recommendation? How long does each take? And which is the most beautiful.

BTD

Cape Breton Island...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Should I do the Cabot Trail?

!st choice would be Cabot Trail for obvious reasons,if you dont mind alot of driving, second would be highway 4,(if you are leaving soon)the scenery/fall folige is beautiful along this route and lots of places to stop if need be. Right around Ritas Tea Room is stunning with all the Fall colours surrounding you., Lastly I would choose 105 highway because there is not much along there. The fastest would be route 4 but windy roads (1 hour 45 min.)then highway 5, (2 hours 10 min.) and then the longest Cabot Trail. ( You dont want to know but I am guessing 10 hours) These times are driving times with little or no stopping.

Welland
2. Re: Should I do the Cabot Trail?

We just came back from the Cabot Trail and it was truly beautiful. We stopped to take pictures from time to time, but mainly just drove. We went up the right hand side and down the left. If you know what I mean. We left from Port Hawksbury around 9:30 a.m. and got to Mobou on the other side around 3:30-4:00. We had wanted to go to the Red Shoes Pub (Rankin Sisters own it) as they often have Celtic music in the evenings. but we couldn't find a place to stay and the roads were under construction, we spent at least an hour waiting in traffic lines. We finally drove on to Port Hawksbury again for the night. Got there about 8:00. So you could easily do it in a day.