We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baddeck Accomodations

Washington DC
reviews: 1
Baddeck Accomodations

We are travelling around NS with our 14yr old daughter in August and spending 2 nights in Cape Breton. Has anyone heard anything about or stayed in the MacNeil House in Baddeck? Since we have a teen should we venture elsewhere? Others write about the Sea Parrot-would that be more suitable?

North Vancouver...
reviews: 2
1. Re: Baddeck Accomodations

We stayed at Ceilidh Country Lodge - room was OK, nothing special, and rather expensive we thought (about $130 plus tax). But the good thing, if you have a teen: facilities at the Inverary Resort just across the road are availablel to guests of the Ceilidh Country Lodge. There is an indoor pool and water activities (paddleboats, kayaks, etc.) as well as a tour boat. We only had 1 night there so didn't really take advantage of these amenities, but the setting on the lake was very nice and if we had been there longer I'm sure my 16-year-old son would have made better use of the place.

We enjoyed the Alexander Graham Bell museum, but otherwise I didn't think there was a lot to do in Baddeck. Before going to Baddeck we stayed overnight in Louisbourg, went to a great musical show (Lyrics & Laughter) and toured the Fortress of Louisbourg, which was a really interesting day for all 3 of us.