We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fogo Island Inn

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 8
Fogo Island Inn

Anyone stayed there before? Comments...

13 replies to this topic
Gander NL
reviews: 136
11. Re: Fogo Island Inn

Just got back from Fogo Island and the internet access was cut off for a few days due to an accident. My ears were burning though.

I do actually have an affiliation to the Inn if you count the fact my brother in law does general cleaning of lobbies and public areas such as bathrooms and the library (not housekeeping) and like the other 60+ employees has the first job in his 50+ years that offers him medical and dental insurance.

I do know Zita Cobb. Met her at the Inn and she's been there just about every visit we've been.

All of my reviews of all properties are biased by my personal experience. I also love the Bistro on Roe, Monastary Spa and Suites and Grates Cove studio among others.

I only comment on properties I have actually seen and visited though. Oh, and paid for.

I just booked Fogo Island Inn for Thanksgiving.

Tours are no longer available due to many full nights and it is just too busy to accommodate visitors and not appropriate to let groups wander through the property like any other hotel or Inn. Dinner reservations are being taken for September, again for the same reason. If you are paying the rate, your table needs to be ready.

Lighthouse Lunches in Ferryland are also booked until September. It's a busy season in all price ranges.I

Friends stayed at the Inn this week from another province and were there an hour before asking for a second night. If you can afford it, it's that good. If you can't afford it, it's existence has created a large number of B and B and tourist homes that are at various price ranges. A new one opened this week.

Many of the building and ventures were actually microfunded by the Shorefast Foundation.

Montague, Canada
12. Re: Fogo Island Inn

We just returned from a ten day trip around Newfoundland. We planned for one night at Fogo Island Inn. We weren't there for an hour when we decided we definitely wanted another day. Yes, it is pricey, but it is well worth the money spent. It is so relaxing, the food (all included) is top gourmet (all Newfoundland ingredients), the staff couldn't do enough for us; we experienced live, true Newfoundland entertainment (thank you Aaron) and happened to be there for the Punt Race, which we could watch from our room. Saunas, fireplace, library, excursions - and NO tipping allowed. There isn't one thing negative about our experience. It was like a dream - and we are planning to go back.

Gander NL
reviews: 136
13. Re: Fogo Island Inn

While there are some very expensive wines available, the prices quoted for drinks, etc on this string are inaccurate and exaggerated and there's lots of beer, including locally produced Quidi Vidi beers. Again, based on having been and having paid.

On Friday night there was a geology lecture and an art gallery reception, both open to the public. Both were well attended by residents, Inn guests and tourists who saw it advertised on the ferry.

Check out Fogo Island Arts and Geology on the Edge to be aware of events while in the area. There is an art workshop coming up soon on 3D design, open to particants 7 and older at the Shed in Shoal Bay.

Two major music festivals this month.

Reply to: Fogo Island Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted