We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. John's vs Saint John

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
reviews: 191
St. John's vs Saint John

Has anyone else had a 'near miss' when making a booking?

I booked a car rental and clearly said 'St. John's Newfoundland' but they booked it for 'Saint John, New Brunswick'. I called to correct it, they re-sent an email that still retained the old mistake. It got very confusing, but it was fine in the end, I actually profited because they matched the New Brunswick rate, which was cheaper. While checking in for my car, the clerk admitted that the St. John's/Saint John mixup happened more often than they would like to admit - sometimes a customer would show up and there would be nothing they could do if the cars were sold out.

Now, if an agent mixed up my flights and booked me to go to St. John's, Antigua, that I might consider...

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
reviews: 35
11. Re: St. John's vs Saint John

St. John's was settled and named in 1583, Saint John in 1604. You are about 400 years too late to try for a renaming! :)

12. Re: St. John's vs Saint John

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 17, 2014