We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yyt to ewr

Which St. John's hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tripymea
reviews: 4
yyt to ewr

Hi,

I will be travelling from St. John's to Newark for a connecting flight to Las Vegas.

Has anyone had any experience recently with this flight? I assume, I will go through customs at EWR, correct? Which terminal do I arrive at EWR?

Any other helpful info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park, Gros Morne National Park
reviews: 646
1. Re: yyt to ewr

How much time do you have between flights? What airlines?

tripymea
reviews: 4
2. Re: yyt to ewr

Sorry, Continental with a 2 hr layover

Newfoundland
reviews: 1
3. Re: yyt to ewr

Yes, I do this link to avoid travel to Canada for most of my US trips.

Customs is on arrival at terminal C.

Tips? My advice would be don't do it! Once you do the Continental conection from YYT and see how cheap flight travel is in the US you will have difficulty paying regular fares for AC flights :)

St. John's, Canada
reviews: 11
4. Re: yyt to ewr

I used this flight last year to when I flew from St. John's to Germany. I would be wary using it in the winter because if the flight is cancelled it can be difficult making alternative arrangements as Continental only has the one flight to and from St. John's daily. I went in September and had no problems. Everything was very smooth. The customs line returning from Germany was extremely long as there were a few long international flights coming in at once so I'd make sure to give yourself a few hours.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Park, Gros Morne National Park
reviews: 646
5. Re: yyt to ewr

Check with airline you likely have get your luggage and clear US customs. Sometimes can be slow but 2 hrs should be ok. I hate when avers give you an hour which can be tight. Being Canadian can help.

6. Re: yyt to ewr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:29 am, January 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about St. John's