We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Western NL

Thunder Bay, Canada
5 days in Western NL

Hi,

I am planning a trip to NL in July. My husband and I are spending 4 nights in St. John's and doing some driving around Avalon to see the sights. (Cape St. Mary's, etc.) We fly to Deer Lake very early in the morning on July 10th and we leave Deer Lake to return home on Monday the 15th. So we will have 5 full days but need to be back in Deer lake by Sunday Night.

We plan to spend at least 2 nights and most of 3 days in Gros Morne park. We will do some short hikes, and we are in decent shape but not avid hikers. We were thinking of going to Lanse aux meadows area for the last 2 days. So, a couple of questions:

1. What are the must- sees in Gros Morne area if we have the better part of 3 days?

2. Where should we stay while we are there? Not a big B and B fan, would like to be near the water if possible.. I have been looking at guide books etc but the choices are overwhelming!

3. Where is the best place (which town) to stay if we are going to spend one night somewhere between Gros Morne and St. Anthony? Thought it would be good to break up the drive on the way there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am having a hard time planning the second half of our vacation.

Vermont
reviews: 2
11. Re: 5 days in Western NL

Marilyns B&B is very nice. Marilyn is a character. And she used to do an amazing moose dinner, perhaps she still does. Ice in the water was from an iceberg.

Vermont
reviews: 2
12. Re: 5 days in Western NL

Just noticed that Marilyn sold to Jennifer. Don't know what that means for dinner.

Edited: 8:40 pm, March 18, 2013
St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
reviews: 31
13. Re: 5 days in Western NL

I don't think anyone suggested exploring the Corner Brook cave system yet. There are some great guides and it is an interesting trip.

Thunder Bay, Canada
14. Re: 5 days in Western NL

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into that.

15. Re: 5 days in Western NL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Newfoundland and...