We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

Which Saint John hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco Bay...
reviews: 10
Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

Hello, I will ask the same question about Saint John NB Canada and the other ports of call on our cruise in late Sept 2012. What inexpensive things are there to do in Newport and the following ports we are visiting: Newport RI, Boston MA, Bar Harbor ME, Saint John NB Canada, Halifax NS Canada, Quebec City QC Canada ? We like to walk wherever we can from the ship (if possible) & we prefer to go to parks, nice sandy beaches, or just see sights on foot. Wherever we go at ports, we like to be SAFE and avoid potentially dangerous areas & situations. If we can't get any place by walking, then we could take an inexpensive taxi or bus ride to get to free or inexpensive places of interest. Any suggestions you might have & comments on the individual port is greatly appreciated! Thank You for your help!

Halifax, Canada
reviews: 20
1. Re: Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

If you haven't already, you'll want to head over to www.cruisecritic.com

Anything and everything cruise related can be researched there.

Happy travels.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 598
2. Re: Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

Saint John is safe so no worries there....I'd go to tHe city Market for sure!

N.B.
reviews: 44
3. Re: Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

Lots of stuff to do in Saint John. In the city itself, you have the City Market and the entire "uptown" area, which has a rich history. It makes for a great afternoon for walking around.Saint John also has the Reversing Falls, which is basically a series of whirlpools in the bay.

However, if you enjoy parks, I would recommend the Irving Nature Park, as it is a series of wooded trails overlooking the Bay of Fundy. It would be a taxi ride from downtown, but taxis are plentiful and cheap in SJ.

Agree with the previous poster, you will have no worries with safety here!

4. Re: Things to do from the Saint John NB cruise port?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 05, 2013