We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?

Which Moncton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?

Hi all,

My husband and I will be travelling by car from Ottawa to Fredericton thanksgiving weekend.

TRAVEL TIME:

** What is the fastest way to get to Fredericton? (I've been told to bypass Montreal by using hwy 30, would you all agree?)

** How are the road conditions of the trans canada from the turn off before rivere du loop to Fredericton?

I have a shoulder injury and can't deal with a bumpy ride.

MUST SEE ATTRACTIONS?

We are in town for a meeting on Saturday at 11am and then we're free for the rest of the weekend (driving back Monday)

* should we spend all our time in Fredericton? we've never visited NB before.

* should we spend Saturday in Fredericton and Sunday in Saint Johns?

*Please list some must see things to see and do.

Apologies for the length of the Question

-Canadien :-)

3 replies to this topic
Moncton, Canada
reviews: 30
1. Re: Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?

This question is in the Moncton form. It looks like you want info on Fredericton and STJ.

While I could give a you a few ideas, it would prob best to post there to get exact answers and details!

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 11
2. Re: Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?

I have driven from Ottawa to Halifax a few times and we often stop in Fredricton. It usually took roughly 10-11 hours. We always drove through Montreal but we would leave very early in the morning and get through Montreal before rush hour. Alternatively, you could schedule your departure day on a weekend so you don't face rush hour traffic.

Did you want to stop somewhere on the way for the night or drive all the way there in a day.

I can't comment on the road conditions as its been a few years since I have done the drive, but I don't remember it being particularly bumpy. It does change from a four lane divided high way to two lane.

SE Ontario
reviews: 9
3. Re: Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?

The OP travelled on the Thanksgiving weekend, so has been and gone.

Reply to: Ottawa to Fredericton - travel time and things to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted