We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Moncton in July

Which Moncton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 23
Going to Moncton in July

Can anyone recommend a cheap route? I'm coming from the Seattle area. Flights from Vancouver to Moncton are over $800 RT. I know there has to be a better, cheaper way...fly to Boston and connect? Or Detroit? Or .... any ideas appreciated!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 84
1. Re: Going to Moncton in July

Hello,

Depending on your dates of travel the prices can vary. I got a flight has low has 650$ during the month of July. The flight connects in Montreal on the way there and Ottawa on the way back. Your not going to find discounted flights for Moncton since its a smaller city so I highly doubt you'll get much lower then 600$. Connecting in the US will be impossible since no American city flies to Moncton. If you got a flight from Seattle to Boston for example you would still need to connect in Montreal, so you might as well fly out of Vancouver. The one thing that might be cheaper would be to fly to Montreal then take a train. It would take much much longer but could be a lot cheaper.

check out kayak.com for flights and prices.

Hope this helps.

Seattle
reviews: 23
2. Re: Going to Moncton in July

Interesting! I hadnt looked into the train because the Canadian trains I've looked at in the past seemed prohibitively expensive. But I'll have a look. But aren't there direct flights from Detroit to Moncton? Or is there another city - Halifax, maybe? - that I could route through?

What cities DO have direct flights from/to Moncton?

Thanks for your reply!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
3. Re: Going to Moncton in July

Hi;

I would suggest posting your question on the air travel forum as well.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome

Best Regards

Moncton, Canada
4. Re: Going to Moncton in July

Hi VisitorTraveller,

There is a daily direct flight from Newark NJ to Moncton. Or, flying into Halifax would give you more options and it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive from Halifax to Moncton.

Here is the link to the Greater Moncton Airport, our small but beautiful international airport.

http://www.gmia.ca/english/flight/arrival.asp

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 84
5. Re: Going to Moncton in July

Hello again,

Sorry for misleading you earlier...I honestly did not know that some US cities had direct flights. Has for the train it is true that for such a distance you would probably end up in the same price range. I took it once from Montreal to Moncton and paid 189$ round trip but I was a student then.

If you haven't already done so try going to a travel agency to get some prices, there often lower then online prices. I've booked almost all my flights there because they are lower then expedia, and airline websites.

Good luck!

quispamsis new...
6. Re: Going to Moncton in July

if you are renting a car you could fly into Bangor or Portland both are ony short drives away

7. Re: Going to Moncton in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 23, 2009