We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking & whale watching in Bay of Fundy

Aurora, Canada
reviews: 1
Kayaking & whale watching in Bay of Fundy

Hello all. Our family of 4 will be camping at Fundy National Park August 12-15 and during this time we would like to go whale-watching and kayaking. I understand that Bay of Fundy is the best place for whale-watching but what everyone seems to recommend is Briers Island. Looking on a map, it seems as if if would it would take quite a while to get there (with more than one ferry involved) -- is that true? Are there whale-watching tours that go out of Saint John? My kids are 11 and 8 and I thought that a zodiac tour would be fun. We would also like to go kayaking and I would appreciate any recommendations on guided tours/operators possibly in the area of Hopewell Rocks.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 250
1. Re: Kayaking & whale watching in Bay of Fundy

Kayaking around the Hopewell Rocks is great fun according to DD1. Info can be found in the tourismnewbrunswick.ca guide online. St Andrews is a good base for whale watching as is Deer Island.

Bamako, Mali
reviews: 46
2. Re: Kayaking & whale watching in Bay of Fundy

I've been whale watching on the Bay of Fundy every summer for 30 years and I promise you wont be disappointed! My favorite outfits are Fundy Tide Runners out of St. Andrews and Whales 'n Sails off Grand Manan. Although both take some time to get to from Fundy Natl. Park, there are lots of attractions along the way and great places to camp in both places.

Taking ferries all the way to Grand Manan and back makes a very, very long day and adds some cost, but it is a great journey. The ferries are fun and we have often seen whales from the deck.

Enjoy!

Laura

3. Re: Kayaking & whale watching in Bay of Fundy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 18, 2014