We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this enough time?

Spring Valley, Ohio
reviews: 41
Is this enough time?

We will be in Bar Harbor Maine the first week in October and would like to add NB to the trip. My current plan is to drive from Bar Harbor to Alma. This is about 6 hours. Is it an interesting/scenic drive? We would spend two nights in Alma and would like to see Fundy National Park, Hopewell Rocks, and Cape Enrage. We would like to do some short hikes. Is this doable in essentially one day? We would then drive to St. Andrews and spend one night. We would possibly do Fundy Trail Parkway on the way. Also interested In drive to Ministers Island and Kingsbrae Gardens. From St. Andrews we need to drive back to Portland Maine. Is 3 nights enough for what we want to do? I could possibly add another night in St. Andrews.

N.B.
reviews: 44
1. Re: Is this enough time?

I'd say you have the absolute bare minimum of time, but you are going to have to get up early for your driving and have lots of energy!

If you hit the road early from Bar Harbour and bring a packed lunch (no stops), you can do Fundy decently. Leaving at around 7 a.m. would put you in Fundy at roughly 1 p.m. That would give you 1.5 sightseeing days in Fundy.

I would spend 1/2 day visiting the Hopewell Rocks, an hour or so exploring Alma (the fishing village beside Fundy), and 1 or 2 trails. You could stop at Cape Enrage for a quick sightseeing stop (1 hour), but I don't think you'll have time to do much activities there. This is a little rushed, but 1.5 days in Fundy is better than none at all!

For St. Andrews, you will have to hit the road early again. Once again, 7-8 a.m. You can do Ministers Island, Kingsbrae, and the town centre in a very long day.

You will not have time for the Fundy Trail Parkway, but, if you are going to Fundy National Park, you won't be missing much anyway.

You mention you *might* have an extra day. This would be ideal. If you can swing it, consider spending a morning hiking in Fundy, hitting the road in the late afternoon, and getting to St. Andrews in the evening for a nice dinner and settling in at your accommodation. That will give you a proper full day in St. Andrews the next morning.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 522
2. Re: Is this enough time?

You seem to have a lot packed into three days, I'd consider adding the extra day as you want to enjoy yourself while not feeling rushed...

Spring Valley, Ohio
3. Re: Is this enough time?

In your opinion is Fundy National Park worth the drive and extra time? If so we will add the extra day. However we could just spend three days at St. Andrews and explore from there.

New Brunswick
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
reviews: 220
4. Re: Is this enough time?

i would add the extra day and visit Fundy Park and the Hopewell Rocks (a quite unique attraction) and skip the parkway..

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 29
5. Re: Is this enough time?

Yup, too much in too little time. Add an extra day for sure.

Spring Valley, Ohio
6. Re: Is this enough time?

We will add the extra day and skip the parkway. Thanks for your help.

7. Re: Is this enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 03, 2014