We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

Which Winnipeg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
reviews: 151
Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

The Selkirk Beaver buses which stop near Lower Fort Garry seem to be very scarce in the mornings.

How much would a taxi cost to take us there? Is there any other way to get there?

Thank you for your help.

Winnipeg
reviews: 29
1. Re: Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

I think the cost of a taxi to Lower Fort Garry would be very expensive. The fort is located about 20 -30 min. north of the city. Why don't you contact www.tourismwinnipeg.com and see if they have a list of tour companies that might take you out there or any other suggestions. The only other suggestion, if you don't think the Selkirk bus schedule fits your timetable, is to rent a car.

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

Hello worldtraveller99!

I contacted one of the local taxi companies and they quoted that approximate taxi fare to Lower Fort Garry would be $40 to $50 each way. I don't have any current information on tours going from Winnipeg to Lower Fort Garry, but you could contact Parks Canada at pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/mb/fortgarry/index.aspx to find out if they have anything planned for 2012.

If there is any other information we can help you with, please let us know.

Sharon @ Tourism Winnipeg

London, UK
reviews: 151
3. Re: Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

Thank you Aunty Mo and Sharon

I shall wait till nearer the time we travel and see what the bus schedule is like.

4. Re: Cost of taxi to Lower Fort Garry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 26, 2012