We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best month to visit Whistler?

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, NC
Best month to visit Whistler?

My wife and I are wanting to go to Whistler and are debating early February and mid-March. Is there much difference in the skiing and weather conditions between the two? I think right now we're leaning towards the February dates unless we hear otherwise. We have been to several resorts in Colorado and know what to expect weather-wise, but not sure how it compares at Whistler (ie - is February much colder than mid-march, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, has anyone had any negative experiences with the Hilton at Whistler? Also considering Carlton Lodge and Crystal Lodge.

North Vancouver...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Best month to visit Whistler?

If you can come to Whistler in February BEFORE the US Presidents' Week, you'll find the mountain far less crowded, especially mid-week. From mid-Feb to about the 3rd week in March are the busiest and most expensive times to visit. As far a weather, you won't find much difference, only that the days get longer the later the season progresses. You could get ANY and EVERY type of weather, all seasons in a day - that's the norm! Also the weather changes with the elevation you're skiiing. We often get temperature inversions, where the valley is overcast and chilly, but high on the mountain, above a cloud layer, it could be sunny and much warmer.

Can't answer you other questions - best read through the earlier forum messages.

~ jw

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 3
2. Re: Best month to visit Whistler?

Go for February and as March is well March break, both US and Canadian don't seem to coincide. The weather can be a mixed bag, I was up on Sunday, -25 at the top (cold for Whistler), but we are getting ripped up with a massive Arctic storm here in BC. Temps at the top are usually in the -8 to -12 range, mid, -5, valley around -1 or 0, so not too cold in February.

The biggest difference you will notice is the moisture content in the snow as you get lower down the mountain. My advice, as it has been for years, get high and stay high.

Keep track of the base and weather on www.whistlerblackcomb.com

3. Re: Best month to visit Whistler?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Whistler