We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boulder, Colorado
reviews: 42
CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

I was recently in Whistler and I have NEVER skied such awful conditions. There is NO NO NO snow to speak of. you have to take about four lifts to the very top just to ski on some awful chunky icy nastiness. Worst skiing of my life. I'm originally from the midwest and never skied such bad conditions, The mountain is incredible but it's a shame because you can't ski it. CANCEL YOUR TRIP AND GO NEXT YEAR. If you are looking for good skiing, come to colorado and ski ANY resort for some fantastic knee deep powder. If i had known the snow was going to be so bad i would have cancelled. Just being honest, do not go to Whistler if you want to do good skiing, it was awful.

Boulder, Colorado
11. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

Just be Warned, if you're interested in going to whistler, don't go this season...the mountain is amazing but there is no snow. It's not worth the $70 in my opinion. COME TO VAIL! I was waist deep 2 days ago...ahhh the rockies.

DC
12. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

I'm gonna be out there next week, and they're predicting rain/showers. When it rains in whistler, does it snow up top? Can't imagine skiing in the rain, will they close if it pours too much? Probably not the best year to pick my first time going there, but we're locked in ... oh well ...

North Vancouver...
reviews: 2
13. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

yes it usually snows up top. Don't panic, both my kids have skied there in the last 2 weeks and say it's not as good as usual, but still fine. And even if you're not skiing, there are lots of fun things to do in Whistler.

New Zealand
14. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

We are going 24th March for a week

We are used to New Zealand conditions (ice, small fields etc.)

Is it really that bad - or just not as good as usual ?

Could there be more snow in the next week ?

Thanks

Boulder, Colorado
15. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

If you're used to bad skiing, ie Ice and bare spot, Whistler will be great for you.

DC
16. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

Hurry to Whistler NOW! Just got back after 4 days of snowboarding. The first day we were pretty bummed and flydn11 seemed to be correct. There were icecube conditions and lots of icy bare spots. We talked to locals who'd ski the area for more than 30 years, and never saw conditions like this. Then that night, a miracle! It just started snowing, and the dumping continued throughout our whole trip. We were knee deep in fresh powder! Some days the sun came out, while others the visability was bad, but we weren't complaining.

Don't know how long it'll last, but it's great out there right now! However, the lower-half of both mountains are still closed and you have to ride the gondola down to the bottom instead of skiing into the village. And beware of ice spots covered by fresh powder.

Overall it started as one of worst trips (condition-wise), and turned into one of the best trips we ever had.

Enjoy!

sacramento
reviews: 3
17. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

I agree, unfortunately.....we booked in Jan. and postponed to last week....probably would have been better off in Jan.!

snow was awful........dangerous for us intermediate types, i thought......

If you are reading these posts and have no option but to go, I would suggest wonderful hiking in the lakes area over near the new Four Seasons hotel. They are supposed to be cross country ski trails, complete with warming hut...(ha!)

but you could walk bike them.

There are good restaurants there, too. We also toured a bit up to Pemberton.......a lot of new condos in a little town.....kind of strange........but 2010 is already here for those on the make!

we did find a nice waterfall along the road up there called Nanli or something like that......can't miss it........a 3/4 mile hike in to gorgeous waterfall.

I live near Tahoe and we just got another 4 feet of snow so come to Ca.!!!

Ellicott City...
reviews: 13
18. Re: CANCEL your trip to whistler immediately!

29 inches of fresh snow for last 7 days... How can it get better than this? ;)