We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, WA
reviews: 2
Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

Long story short I figure I have at most about four hours each day to snowboard for two days. About 8 hours if I am lucky in total. Was not overly worried about it since the snow conditions looked pretty poor, but now it looks like the night before I am to ride there should be about 8 inches of fresh. I need recommendations on where I should spend my time. This is my first full season of snowboarding and for the most part I would say I am good on the blues and struggle on your basic black, but can do it. From what I have seen the big bowls with wide open space are what I am eyeing right now. Also long runs with great views sound good, but worried the weather might prevent the views. Any recommendations would be great.

Also is there such thing as night skiing? If so will my lift ticket cover that as well as the day skiing?

Thanks in advance

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 3
11. Re: Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

Sorry was @ Baker. Crystal, Jersey and Glacier Chair...7th Heaven. Only area on W that's good for the board is Symphony Bowl...Blackcomb is a better mountain for boarders...

Seattle, WA
reviews: 2
12. Re: Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

Sorry, but somewhat disagree. I got a chance to make a couple of quick runs this morning. First run of the day was down the Nintendo Terrain park. I don't do Terrain parks, but lots of untouched snow and went through some off trail parts that were even better untouched snow. Great fun run.

Then headed up the the Peak Express. I was on the lift as the first people came down the face of the Peak and talking about amazing skills and speed. If I was not so sore from yesterday I might have been stupid enough to try the same. Instead I went down the Saddle and best I could tell maybe ten other people had done this run before me. Again just magical. 6+ inches of POW made the trip spiritual. I then traveled down to the first Gondola stop and had to quit till later that afternoon.

Headed up to 7th Heaven and got there about 2:30. Did two runs and while very solid it did not have the sense of adventure that I was able to find on the Peak and Harmony. I took the Blue Line down from the top along with other trails in between to the Gondola to Download. Again very solid runs, but did not find the sense of adventure. The thing I really liked is for the most part I had the runs all to myself. I was amazed at how uncrowded Blackcomb was.

Never made it out to Symphony. I did get a glimpse of it and that looked very solid.

As Arnold said, "I'll be back."

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 3
13. Re: Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

I have been riding both mountains for 15 years. My point was Blackcomb, for a boarder has better fall lines than Whistler. Whistler has the Symphony bowl (which was way cooler when it was a boot hike only...no lift) so it has better bowls, but you hit that and then you are in for some major skating or a boot hike of your own. Lots of Cat tracks and gas on areas on Whistler vs Blackcomb.

Anyhow, glad you had an awesome time...got stoked to come back. Peace

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 24
14. Re: Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

I hope you do get back--you must have been there for work to get so few runs in? There are so many nooks and crannies at W-B that if you like that sense of adventure, you'll love discovering them all.

15. Re: Help pick snowboard trails only have a couple of hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014