We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
reviews: 11
Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

I need some suggestions for ski schools in Whistler or Blackcomb. This is my second time to Whistler, plan to find a good ski school for my 4 and half years old, who never ski before

1) Which school is better- assuming there are a couple of schools there. We will be staying in the village

2) should I sign her up on multiple days?

3) Is there any discount for that age?

Any advice are appreciated!

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
1. Re: Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

Hi Marie here at Tourism Whistler

1) There is only one ski school in Whistler - Whistler/Blackcomb Ski and Snowboard School. They just offer different locations. If you are staying in the Village, then you should select the Whistler Village location.

2) I would recommend multi-days. The 5-Day Adventure Camp is very popular and your daughter would have the same instructor and group for the duration. This would make it easy for her to make friends and have fun learning to ski with children of similar age and ability.

3) When are you coming to Whistler? There are discounts during Discover Whistler Days - Jan 7 - Feb 8, Feb 25 - Mar 8 and Apr 8 - 21, 2013. Children 6 years and under have free lift tickets.

CA
reviews: 11
2. Re: Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

Hi I am going between Dec 22 and Dec 27, 5 days camp all sold out. Everything so pricy during this time of year. Any way to find some discount. I am also tempted to find discount for adult lessons

Thanks

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
3. Re: Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

Hi - yes it is a busy time of year. Have you looked at booking just daily kids lessons? You might be able to find availability for those lessons.

For adult group lessons you can take advantage of the 3 for 2 offer. Book 2 days of Max 4 Group lessons and get your 3rd lesson free. This is a great deal and is available for all levels from 1-6 including the Holidays.

Hope that helps! - Marie at Tourism Whistler

Edited: 11:52 am, December 20, 2012
Seattle, Wa
reviews: 24
4. Re: Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

You are going at what is by far the busiest and most expensive time of year. Unfortunately you shouldn't expect to find discounts on anything.

5. Re: Ski school suggestion for 4.5 years old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 22, 2013