We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler shops operating hours in december

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 22
Whistler shops operating hours in december

was just hoping if someone could advise me as to when the clothing stores open and close. i arrive at the mountain from vancouver airport on dec 16 sunday at 8pm and am doing the zipline at 9am the following day. may need to buy a ski jacket and snow boots if required. it is a 2 night stay, thankyou in advance

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
1. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

Well there are a few malls in Vancouver that have extended hours in December but you'd have to have an On Time arrival/clear Customs & Immigration quickly and cab it directly to wherever-very dodgy and how are you travelling to Whistler so that you'll be Bright Eyed & Bushytailed in the AM? it is a 90 minute minimum drive.

It is possible to buy winter clothing online in Oz I suggest you investigate that option-but first contact the zipline company and enquire about the possibility of borrowing a jacket/boots or at least have them pick up some from a rental for you.

Edited: 12:00 am, November 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

samsalmon. we are scheduled to land at vacouver airport at 2.19pm from l.a. by the time we clear immigration,get bags jump (3.30pm)on sky train or other transport means, would get me to city at 4pm. if shops are open til 5pm, i would need to shop quickly.having said that i would get the 530pm shuttle to the mountain $100 per person return.

if not going with above option, i propose to take a shuttle bus at 5pm from airport then sit and relax on bus for the journey- arrive at whistler 8pm +/-. check in and get a bite to eat for dinner and pass out about 11pm.

was hoping to get up early and see if clothing store would be open at 8am the next day. buy a thing or two.

all this because trying to fit a full day of fun in. my plan was going to be:

1. 8am shop

2. 9-12noon zipline

3. 12-1pm lunch sitdown and relax

4. 1.15-2.15 goldala up and back and admire scenery

5. 2.30 -3.30 tube park for an hour

6. 4-6pm browse village

7. sleigh ride then dinner or just dinner

am i overcommitted?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
3. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

"am i overcommitted?"

Quite!

Just to start you haven't counted on your plane being late, Customs & Immigration lineups, lineups for the gondola (don't bother with the glass bottomed car) or any of the other countless delays you're sure to face.

The idea of hitting early opening shops in Whistler is a good one probably better than making your way into downtown Vancouver to a mall-where you would certainly pay less but be faced with even more logistical challenges.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
4. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

Crafty....I had to lay down and rest after just reading your itinerary plans! We have a very West Coast life style here. You are the only person besides my beloved wife who plans on being up and shopping at 8:00!

Whistler is gorgeous...take the time to just chill!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 53
5. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

I've checked out the opening hours of 3 outerwear shops in Whistler. Typically or close to:

Monday - Thursday 10-7. Friday - 10-8. Saturday - 9-8. Sunday - 9-7

In Vancouver, you could go to Pacific Centre to Atmosphere (formerly Coast Mountain) sports. It's off the Dunsmuir St. entrance. Canada Line would take you to 1 block south of that at Georgia and Granville.

Mon-Tues open to 7 pm. Wed-Fri open to 9 pm. Sat open to 7. Sun to 6

What is the 5h30 shuttle? Are you talking about Pacific Coach Lines as a "shuttle" to Whistler? You could possibly use their hotel pick up coach. There are 3-4-5 hotels near Pacific Centre.

You'll be better off if you're coming mid week than weekend, better off if you're coming before mid Dec than closer to Christmas. 26 minutes on Canada Line from the airport to Vancouver City Centre Station. $8.75 or $7.50 by cash or credit card on the platform.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

samsalmon & datthecoast, thank you for making me laugh (in a very good way). i've heard the saying bridezilla, now i think i have created a new word "tripzilla" - i hope i dont turn into one - seeing as this is honeymoon trip -could be a short wedding.

anyway muftimix and match - arriving a sunday night and monday is the day of fun and activity - crowds hopefully less than the weekend. thank you for advising roughly opening and closing times for whistler - my wife to be will be happy with a sleep in. looks like shopping begins at 10am - that is unless....the plane turns up earlier than 2.19pm the previous day which means i could be a chance for the 3pm bus shuttle arriving 6pm leaving an hour for shopping that first night. that leaves the monday morning (16/12/2012) open. yippee

i'm being a big optimist here- turning over a new leaf

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
7. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

Hey Crafty...I am a laid back Vancouver guy who tries to spend at least 3 months a year in Provence, France. Which is SUPER laid back! For my friends who visit me in France I tell them there are 3 rules. Slow down...slow down and slow down!!!

Same for Whistler!

Slow down...chill out..sit and have a beer or 3! Certainly take in all that Whistler has to offer...and there is LOTS to do. Do some stuff...but PLAN some down time. I think your visit will be the better for it!

BTW, Crafty...a short wedding is good! A short marriage is not and is usually expensive to end!!

Have a wonderful wedding. a wonderful honeymoon and a decades long marriage.

David

Edited: 3:29 am, November 16, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

Datthecoast, thank you for your well wishes. I will certainly take your feedback on board.

The misses only wanted one thing for christmas and that was - a white Christmas. Hopefully she has it snowing at banff where we are for 5 days.

David, I also wish you and your family a wonderful christmas and that Santa kindly provides you a gift that you,d love under your tree.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
reviews: 21
9. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to read all the replies, just the OP. If your zip line tour is at 9:00 am, you can rent clothing and boots at any of the Whistler Blackcomb Rentals Shops. Shops are opened at 8:00 am. Zip Trek is located in the lower level of the Carleton Lodge. There's a rental store at the Carelton Lodge (main floor), as well as across at the Westin or Pan Pacific, so a few options available. Unfortunately you can't pre-book clothing rentals, but they usually have a good amount available.

Or if you prefer, try Whistler Winter Wear, they delivery directly to your condo. Rental rates are on their website. I've used them many times in the past for visiting guests.

http://www.whistlerwinterwear.com/

Edited: 1:23 pm, November 16, 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
reviews: 285
10. Re: Whistler shops operating hours in december

I echo Mufti's suggestion of Atmosphere at Pacific Centre. Right downtown, lots of selection and will undoubtedly be a pre-Christmas sale on. If it was me, I'd be in and out in 10 minutes. You'll need the coat for Banff!

Get answers to your questions about Whistler