We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

We'll be staying in Whistler Village the first week of December and were looking forward to going snowshoeing at the Olympic Park...until I realized it's over 20km from the village! We're getting to Whistler via train/bus... I don't see a great public transit option out here. Anyone have any ideas on how to get here without a private vehicle?

Thank you!

Scotland
Level Contributor
654 posts
90 reviews
1. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

Just had a very quick look at their website and its not really clear if there's a public transport option.

http://www.whistlerolympicpark.com/

It's probably best to call them directly.

We've gone to the Sliding Centre (different location) to do the bobsleigh and when we call the staff are really helpful.

I'm pretty sure some of the local guys will tell you there's a bus of some sort to get you there.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
2. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

Last I heard there was no public transportation to there

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
19,600 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

While the Callahagn Valley (location of WOP) is very beautiful and the snow is more reliable up there, there is snowshoeing right in Whistler Village.

http://www.whistler.ca/xcountry

The snow tends to melt in the village pretty fast, so conditions can be iffy, but the Lost Lake area is very pretty and easy walking distance from the centre of the village.

If you are keen to get up to the Callahagn, then your options are pretty limited. They used to run a bus, but I don't think they got enough business to be viable. You can get a taxi or rent a car from the Avis outlet in town. I know Sigge's runs a bus, but that comes up from Vancouver. You might also contact the ski lodge at Callahagn Ski Country and see if they provide any transport from the village.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

There may not be enough snow to snowshoe there the first week of December, anyway. The Olympic Park is quite a low elevation spot, and that's very early in the season. The point of wearing snowshoes is to keep from breaking through deep snow; you wouldn't wear them in just a few inches of snow, or on packed snow. I think it's unlikely you'd need snowshoes anywhere down in the Valley at that time, though it's possible they might get a big dump down low.

Whistler, Canada
Destination Expert
for Whistler
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

If you are going to the Olympic Park there are no means of getting there via public bus system. Only way is to cab.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

Thank you for all the help -- I'll try contacting the park directly.

Whistler, British...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

Easiest transport to WOP is taxi. There are 2 taxi companies in Whistler. Whistler Resort Cabs: 604.938.1515 and Sea to Sky Taxi is 604.938.3333.

8. Re: getting to the Whistler Olympic Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 16, 2013