We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler Holiday!

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
Whistler Holiday!

Greetings! My husband has just green lighted a trip to Whistler between Christmas and New Year's! I am super excited! We are early to mid 30s and looking for a romantic getaway before we start planning for baby #2 (our 2.5yo to will be vacationing with her grandparents!). We would like to ski for 3-4 days and be located an easy walking distance to the lifts, plus have easy access to bars and nightlife.

The Whistler website is offering packages (lodging and lift tic) for 5 nights/4days at Cascade lodge (190 cad) and blackcomb lodge (215). Are these good options based on what our priorities are? Any suggestions or advice would be great appreciated. Thanks!!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Whistler Holiday!

Hi mauinemo ~

While you're waiting for those familiar with Whistler to post, I would suggest you browse the questions being asked on this forum and the answers being given. There is quite a bit of information about your question that you would find helpful. Even continue to page 2 - 3 - 4. Fabulous way to research information.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 53
2. Re: Whistler Holiday!

I am sure that you won't be surprised to hear that the time period that you are looking at is the busiest time of the year in Whistler. A lot of the accomodations have already been booked. Do your research...but so it quickly! Have a great trip!

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 3
3. Re: Whistler Holiday!

Hi mauinemo,

It looks like the packages you are looking at are a relatively good deal for that time of year (busiest week of the season). Note that lift tickets alone will cost more than $90/day. If you're looking to be close to the lifts, Blackcomb lodge is locaeted right next to them, but Cascade lodge is not more than a 10 minute walk. Hope you have a great time on your trip!

san francisco
4. Re: Whistler Holiday!

Great! I know it's going to be super busy... But we are hopeful that early mornings might mean the slopes won't be too crowded!

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 24
5. Re: Whistler Holiday!

That is an amazing price for that week. I don't know if you have ever been to a ski resort between Xmas and New Years, but it is insanely expensive and insanely crowded. I won't even ski locally that week anymore, and tourists don't even come to my local mountains--just the crush of locals is too much! Anyway, if you haven't already, JUMP on those deals. You'll be in the thick of things for bars, shops, etc; the 5--7 minute walk to the lifts may be fine with you, though I usually store my skis at night in the basement of the Carlton Lodge, right by Whisler Gondola--I hate carrying my skis.

The slopes in the morning will be super crowded. There will be a line for the gondola before it opens. Take the time to find out what the least crowded runs are-there are places on Whistler and Blackcomb Mts where people tend to cluster, and places they don't. The free mountain tour is a great way to learn about the less crowded lifts and runs.

Edited: 1:13 pm, November 04, 2012
6. Re: Whistler Holiday!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, November 06, 2012
7. Re: Whistler Holiday!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, November 06, 2012
8. Re: Whistler Holiday!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 09, 2013