We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

Which Whistler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Everett, Washington
reviews: 1
Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

We will be heading to Whistler the first of January for 5 nights and 4 days. We have twin 14 year old boys. We do not ski or snowboard but would like to give the boys a full day snowboard lesson for Christmas. My question is should we reserve the lesson with the lift ticket or without? If we reserve with the lift ticket is that ticket good only for the day of the lesson? Is a one day lesson going to do them any good? Trying to balance the budget and the fun factor. We do snowshoe and will be bringing those along. I also thought we would try out the sledding hill one day and possibly a night sleigh ride. Thank you for any advice you can give this newbie.

1. Re: Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, November 15, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 3
2. Re: Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

Book the lessons which include the lift ticket. I would not recommend doing multi day lessons, rather a day, then let the boys practice what they have learned. I learned at Whistler, but IMHO, would in hindsight have taken a lesson at another mountain.

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 19
3. Re: Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

Even a one day lesson will do them good--so many teenage boys do just strap on a snowboard and head out with their friends, and either end up injured or injuring other people. (Obviously the more lessons the better, though). It's great you are making sure they know what they are doing before letting them loose up there with the rest of us. :) Do not be afraid to put them in group lessons, rather than privates--group lessons are more than adequate for beginners, and much less expensive.

Everett, Washington
reviews: 1
4. Re: Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

Thank you to everyone for the great information. I really appreciate it!

5. Re: Full day snowboard lesson with or without lift ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Whistler